Rocket to the moon

• 22 Replies

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 07:02:37 PM »
good listen nice chill out tune! i like the chorus mind!
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 08:19:40 AM »
Hey Bin..

I really like this mate, very professional again, it just seems so effortless with you. I think you should bring those vocals forward a bit, in my headphones the guitars seem to be a bit louder and I want to hear the words easier. I think the chorus is lovely, I wouldn't change that at all.

Great stuff, and not a pie in sight!   :D

hab..

RichyRowlatt

• Open Mic
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 02:22:43 PM »
Love the chorus and I love how your voice sounds. Production wise I agree that the drums sound synthetic, but that doesn't take away from the strength of the song for me.

Great stuff Bin, look forward to hearing more,

Richy.

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 05:43:25 PM »
Hi Bin,

You've achieved a lovely full sound here.  There are ome fine chord changes at work, helping to make this in places extremely emotional.  I'd perhaps lower the volume of the main guitar but only a little.  The chorus is excellent and the guitar solo is most welcome.  Love the way the keys swell at 'think of you'.  Little touches like that make all the difference as do the guitar parts towards the end!

Very enjoyable!

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2012, 09:51:57 PM »
Thank you all so much for the lovely comments that you have given.  Some really talented people from this forum have agreed to collaborate with me on this.......and I'm sure that all your advice and tips will be taken on board to create something amazing.....that , in essence, will belong to the whole forum.  I can't explain to you the effect that finding this place has had on my life......I know I'm a soppy old sod, who wears his heart on his sleeve...but I don't give a sht about that....I'll tell it as I feel it.  I really do love you all.  I'd answer you all personally if I knew how to work this text thing properly, but it just comes out as one long line.....but I do know how to use the smileys  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  A heartfelt and sincere thank you to you all
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

jmacdon

• Solo Gig
  • Give me a lyric and I'll give you a song
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 09:31:10 PM »
I don't know why i'm always surprised at the quality of BinLadens work - I shouldn't be, but I always expect something cheesy, but what is delivered is unique and of high quality.  The hook "like a rocket to the moon" is both memorable and radio friendly.   

Other's have said this is AOR/ MOR and of course that is where you earn your royalties.   Great track, very Simple Minds to me -  great hook - nothing really to fault.  Just get out there and get it on the radio!!

faero

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 10:33:36 PM »
Lovely clear guitars - I am trying to decide on the mix as I quite like the vocal level but for mainstream you'd want to lift them up a bit.  Chorus is simple but nicely natural and original sounding.   Watch out for the solo over the last chorus - maybe pick a clear melody or phrase ?   Great work and jealous of the clear production too....

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 02:26:11 AM »
Bin, I got all excited when I just noticed this post. I love your work man. Your guitar play is what I aspire to and I tell you, I wasnt let down when I listened to this track. Sure It wasnt as rocky as your last posting but I preferred this. I love a nicely done slow guitar lead. It puzzles me, you have the same notes on your guitar as I have on mine, but you seem to find them and play them with so much more panache.

Excellent song and well sung too. Totally bellevable and thats all you can ask for in a vocal.

Kudos to you.
Allan,