the traveller (demo)

• 11 Replies

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« on: October 28, 2012, 08:57:31 PM »
ok heres one of me busker style tunes on me acoustic guitar! co-wrote this one with a forum member called the unknown legend! the ooo's on it could be better but its a one take demo with me singing and playing guitar and the ooo's added and on the chorus a second vocal from me, anyhow wouldnt mind getting this one fully produced but thought i would let you guys have a listen to this simple acoustic demo! cheers!

http://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/the-traveller-demo

i feel fine where i find
i feel lost in places i know

all i need is the air i breathe
and a place to rest my head
i can smile when tomorrow
brings another day round again

and i dont mind being alone...
it fills me up inside
somewhere down the road...
i'll find another place to hide

i sail the breeze because
all i need is here and now
i be myself when nobody
else can bring me down

and i dont mind being alone...
it fills me up inside
somewhere down the road...
i'll find another place to hide
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 11:26:54 PM »
Nice chorus. Simple but charming.

The vocals bend a little too much for my liking. I know it is a rough demo but I am not sure if the bending is because of the rough vocal or because you want that effect on the singing.

The first two lines were the worst culprits for this. It is less prominent thereafter.

The melodies stick thru much more on second listen so while simple I feel this is likely a grower. A good combo :)
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

Kafla

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 06:49:42 PM »
hey MOSP!

Right this one could definitely be done with a full band - I can hear an Oasis type production  ;D

Your songs always have bags of attitude  ;D

Michael

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »
I can hear an Oasis type production  ;D
Yup, me too !
I could also see this going in a completely different direction, wilder, and less acoustic, in the style of the Libertines or maybe the Arctic Monkeys...

It could be a bit longer though, maybe add a bridge or something before the last chorus to get a bit more variation in there...?

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 11:29:14 PM »
well i liked this i thought it worked realy well in its unadorned state..its a good little song...i can imagine people singing along in a pub/ club setting
i wasnt so keen on the sort of bowie /dylan stylised vocal  that was a bit overdone for me
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 07:32:51 PM »
cheers for the comments guys!

@ james kinda putting the vocal down to the rough take i did for this so pretty much the first take as i was playing the guitar at same time so was happy to go with that for the time being but see where you coming from

@ michael yeah i can see what your saying maybes a bit of change before last chorus but full on production is what its crying out for like

@ kafla nice one mate appreciate your comments

@ tinam cheers i think the aim is to try and aim for some simple singalong tunes what can be done buskers to get out and about with the acoustic

cheers!

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 12:38:12 AM »
I thought you vocals improved as you got into the song. The molody lines you chose are really catchy and the song had me nodding away but its a bit short, I couldnt beleive it when It ended I was really getting into it. Add another verse, its a nice number.

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 08:13:34 AM »
Nice one MOSP, I think this improves as it goes on. I agree with James on the vocal bending. It's a very distinct sound you have. I also agree with SF, why so short? I was just starting to nod away and it ended.

Will you take this one to the studio? It'd be great to hear it with that bigger production.

hab..

RichyRowlatt

• Open Mic
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 02:31:21 PM »
Gimme more!! Much too short - definitely got legs and well worth spending some time writing more. I liked the vocal myself - very honest and accessible,

Richy.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 02:45:57 PM »
I liked the way you delivered this - it was honest and without artifice. Simple song like the best usually are but it needs to be longer and with maybe a bridge or part B to lend a bit of interest for the listener. Good start though.

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 07:07:37 PM »
Yes...like this. ;D ;D always like listening to your stuff.  Really enjoy your approach to your music, and the 'rawness' of it. I can feel the enjoyment you get from your music....and just love that. Excellent work  ;D
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 10:42:37 PM »
thanks to all for listening and the further comments from all you guys, appreciate it!

yeah i see the main point being with this one as being a wee bit short, kinda got into the habit of writing 2 minute songs like but good thing about that i suppose is that theres always room to make them bigger when i get into a studio and work on them and maybe's make this one a bit longer!

yeah habiTat i think the plan is to take all me songs to the studio would love to get a 10 track album together from the songs i would end of doing in the studio, it'l take a while but i'l get there

ah man Binladeda cheers mate for listening, i love it, simple songs on me acoustic is what i do, suppose i'm limited to what i can do but i'l try me bloody hardest to get something and to enjoy, love it!

cheers!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:56:38 PM by man of simple pleasures »