konalavadome

You Got Me Right Where I Want You

• 27 Replies

Florida Mike

• Open Mic
    • Michael Holmes Singer Songwriter Official Site
« on: October 28, 2012, 02:16:38 PM »

New Song added, love to get some Feedback from the UK ---  PS --here in the Hudson Valley of New York we are bracing for a big storm...Hurricane Sandy and a cold front coming down from the north...
Good day to stay in and play...
Cheers!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1210050

You Got Me Right Where I want You

Smack Dab up against each other
My best friend and my sweet lover
Through the years you taught me a thing or two
How to step back once in a while
Let you be the star and strut your style n'
You got me right where I want you

The wounded never take no prisoners
Blind men never lie
You can always find the truth
Inside your lovers eyes

You Got Me Right where I want you
A lifetime arrangement
One I hope is never changing

You got me right where I want you...

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 03:05:37 PM »
Hi Mike,

Very clean, lush production. Not my kind of thing at all, but sounds good. Well put together. Nice vocal.

Digger

Florida Mike

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 03:16:18 PM »
Digger, thank you very much for the comments and reply.
Appreciate it very much.
Michael.

Computer hard drive has had major issues (replaced it now) so hoping to catch up with everyone here over the next week, Cheers.
 :)

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 07:17:17 PM »
Wow! What a wonderfully polished production. This reminded me of Glenn Cambell in the vocal quality and delicate, warm delivery. Beautifully judged arrangement - everything complementing the song but not detracting from the message.

This could have gone longer for me. Definately my favourite song of yours so far.

Florida Mike

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 10:51:37 PM »
Alan - sent you an e-mail...it is so strange you mention Glen Campbell... I love him (so sad what is happening in his life right now with Alzeimers, touring for the last time with his son and daughetr---so sad...but as soon as we added the MELODICA (Hohner) my mentor and good friend Jeff said..it reminded him of Glen Campbell...*(he has a much better ear than I could ever hope for!)

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 11:47:34 PM »
Soundclick is only letting me listen to the first 60 seconds. Awful site...the buffering methods are terribly coded: when a song meets it's buffer point it skips to next track! Outrageous!! I'd email the tech depo, or just use a better site! :)

What I heard was nice. Would rather have the acoustics recorded Mic'ed up than electro...jangly sound is not to my personal taste. Nice vocal as always and I was upset I couldn't hear more... so a good sign!

:)
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

Florida Mike

• Open Mic
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 02:38:42 AM »
Hey James , good to hear from you. Try again if you would be so kind --it could be an error on my part as how I set the options up to stream, or buy mp3...anyway if you can listen as always I value your opinion.  :)

PS liked your live you-tube sessions!

stephaniedema

• Solo Gig
    • Sienna Little on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 07:13:51 AM »
Very nice, Mike!
This is right up my alley.
Good lyrics, not too complicated, but they work. And great vocals!
Maybe indeed, as James mentionned, try micing up your acoustic for that real acoustic recording sound.
No probs here with listening  to the whole song :)

SD
Like a little spider I'm climbing the insurmountable. But I never hold myself accountable. - KT Tunstall

https://www.facebook.com/siennalittlemusic
https://twitter.com/SiennaLittle
http://www.reverbnation.com/siennalittle

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 04:15:23 PM »
great title
as before your vocals  nicely done, like poco , rusty egan et al ?  i used to love an album of theirs, think it was called legend, with a horse on the cover ? years back...hang on, the screens going all wavy..
cool unexpected outro ..
good stuff mike

hope your safely snug in your submarine over the next few hours, good luck with the 'frankenstorm'
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Kafla

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 06:44:55 PM »
Last glass of wine way past midnight material , I have to admit I am a sucker for the old maudlin numbers

Really well produced mate - with feeling

The little instrumentation at 1.20 is a really neat feature

Good classic songwriting  ;D

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 07:45:05 PM »
I've not had a chance to listen yet Mike but I just wanted to wish you luck with the storm. It's headline news in the UK and looks really scary. Batten down the hatches (there's a song title :) )

Stay safe.

I look forward to hearing it later.

hab..

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 08:24:21 PM »
Mike, I didn't get to hear much either, but what I heard was lush, the harmonies gorgeous, the timing seemed a little strange but it's a shame I didn't get to hear the whole song.

It reminded me a bit of that song 'I don't wanna talk about it' very laid back with a country feel try posting again or using soundcloud, that seems really reliable to me!

Flossie
x

Florida Mike

• Open Mic
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 08:19:11 AM »
Thanks everyone, funny it plays 100% through here...4:16 am here, checking downstairs. We have been getting pounded all night with severe winds and rain. Tomorrow will be a assess damage and clean up day. Nice to come back to the forum for a bit "west and wewaxation"...love this forum...

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 11:16:18 AM »
Hi Mike..really enjoyed listening to this, great, laid back feel.  Nice use of instruments, and the construction/structure was excellent.....if anything , thought the intro was a bit too long. I too got the glen campbell vibe...lovely guy ;D ;D  Just watching the storm on the news.....hope you and yours are all ok....my thoughts and prayers are with you mate, looks really bad....
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 11:17:58 AM »
Just listened to 'last gasp saloon'....is that you playing the sax???...bloody excellent ;D ;D
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran