konalavadome

Reality TV

• 9 Replies

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« on: October 27, 2012, 12:39:12 PM »
Hi everyone.

This is one I've had for a while. Drafted, re-drafted and re-drafted again and again but can never be fully satisified with it. This version is probably the closest I've come to being 'happy' with it so I value all feedback and constrcutive riticism. Again as with other stuff I've written I feel it's either very clever or complete dross and utterly terrible (the massive problem being trying to work out which side of that very thin line this falls on!). When penning this lyric I aimed for a real upbeat, uptempo Pop/Dance type song with a killer Guetta style beat (btw if anyone feels they can produce such a beat or can sing or provide a good vocal melody please contact me and we'll see how we can develop the lyrics into a 'song'). Lyrics seem a little on the long side when just words on the screen but I'm hoping that with a good, uptempo beat they'll flow nicely into each other no problem.

Again all feedback greatly valued.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks ;)

Reality TV   ©Hearty 2012

V1
Here they come,
 I said here they come,
People we are entering the house,
Raise the roof make some noise,
Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah,
Wannabees, superstars, has beens, never was,
Ritual of initiation, to keep up the ratings,
Washed up peeps from the Z List,
When they die they won’t be missed,
Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah

PC
Super models, temper tantrums,
Loving, hating, fighting, romancing,
(Oh yeah, oh yeah)
Millionaires and wife swapping,
Guys with lots, ah gals with nothing,
(Yeah, yeah)

C
We’re on reality, reality, reality TV
Stuck on reality, reality, reality TV,
Yeah reality, reality, reality TV

V2
Here they come,
 I said here they come,
We’ve got Housewives and the Dash,
Got no talent just give us your cash,
Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah,
Chelsea to Essex, getting the reality fix,
Only claim to fame, drive us all insane,
Loud mouths shooting from the hip,
Don’t do directions, don’t do scripts
Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah

PC
Super models, temper tantrums,
Loving, hating, fighting, romancing,
(Oh yeah, oh yeah)
Millionaires and wife swapping,
Guys with lots, ah gals with nothing,
(Yeah, yeah)

C

B
We live in reality, reality, reality TV,
Nah, nah,
It’s all a fantasy, fantasy, fantasy,
Nah, nah,
As far as I can see, As far as I can see

C
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:42:27 PM by Sing4me88 »

Placid

• Busker
    • Alternative Rock
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 02:58:02 PM »
Song put a smile on my face. Somebody had to write about it and you did so very well. I like it! Would work well as a punk rock song!  ;D
Listen to some awesome Rock Music from Germany!

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 07:10:41 PM »
'This is the part where we nah nah nah nah'

If you use it as a catchy little hook then don't write it in the lyrics, because then it looks like you're just filling space. It's a habit I got into when I realised one of my songs would have been filled with 'oh oh oh oh oh oh oh' when the 'oh's were only there to echo the hook.
Defective Elector

Dead Weight

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 08:25:16 PM »
Sharp and Satirical.  Good stuff.

I particularly like the pre-chorus. ;D

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 11:27:22 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys. Feel their might actually be some commercial potential in this one if I can get the 'right' producer or artist to develop it!

The nah', nah, nah' isn't used only as a simple hook. It's used to break up a verse and to ease what would otherwise be a deluge of rhyming couplets. I did use nah, nah, nah etc for this purpose because it is catchy but IMO it makes the lyrics more commercially viable. I aim to write stuff I can imagine singing in the shower, walking down the street etc and simple repetition is always the most effective and simple way to achieve that e 'Hey Jude' anyone? Nah, nah, nah is a simple way of getting people to sing along with the song. This lyric isn't a deep or meaningful song it is more modern 'outside' the box critique of 21st century living styles through a  Pop/Dance type and these often have simple catchy hooks like Nah, nah etc in them. Black eyed peas, Bruno Mars and even more traditional acts like the Beatles used this style and I find it works quite well in practice although I do see how when reading the lyrics it just appears to be filler!

If I get someone to develop it I'll let you hear what I mean ;)

BooBoo

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 05:03:43 PM »
Hey, I really likes the song and it put a smile on my face. I thought it flowed quite well and it seems to be a really fun type of song.
VOTE FOR JUNE LOTM!!!!!!!

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 10:13:50 AM »
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it :)! As I aid it's supposed to be a fun, outside the box uptempo type of song meant to elicit this type of response to people! Glad that people so far have been able to connect with the lyrics and have liked them!

Now just a small matter of getting someone with musical and/or vocal ability to develop it into a song that can be pitched to labels and publishers :(!

laurabh

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 09:54:49 PM »
I could imagine this as a very 'Blink 182' song, that's a compliment btw. :)

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 10:05:15 PM »
Hey thanks ;)! I've always imagined trying to get it developed as an uptempo, upbeat Pop song with a Guetta style track but it's been mentioned before about trying it as a Rock song and now a Blink 182 song! I wasn't sure at the start but the idea is now growing on me especially since I've thus far failed to persuade any aspiring David Guettas to develop it further! Perhaps the next Blink 182 might be more willing ;)

Stroller2010

• Busker
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 08:03:14 PM »
Really enjoyed reading this. That chorus is really catchy, I can sing along to it really easily and the lyrics overall are memorable. The topic is good as well, seeing a trend for this sort of thing around here lately.