5-string Banjo, Mandolin, Ukulele, Bass or even Guitar

• 1 Replies

moosemoosemoo

• Busker
« on: September 28, 2010, 05:40:46 PM »
Anyone need any of the above?? :|

I play all of them. I'm 25 but despite that particularly like folk, bluegrass, country, blues, singer-songwriter-y stuff as well as the obligatory and wide ranging styles of Americana and rock! To name but a few, I like, Bob Dylan, David Gray (new album!), Avvett Brothers, Bon Iver, Elvis Costello, Paul Simon, Rufus Wainwright, Hank Williams, Traveling Wilburys, Bright Eyes, Randy Newman, Ryan Adams, Laura Marling, Mumford & Sons, Beach Boys, Elvis, Beatles, John Lennon etc etc

I would like to join or start a serious band with the focus on good songs. In my opinion a good song is a good song no matter what genre it's played in, so if you have/can sing/play/would like to write good songs I've love to hear from you.
My biog and examples of things I've done before can be given if you just send a message on here or to tomjdmusic@gmail.com
I'm based in Reading/London.

Thanks,

Tom

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 06:42:57 PM »
Hi Tom
Thanks for taking the time to join our humble forum. I hope you decide to stick around and join in some of the songwriting discussions, or maybe post some examples of your work here for us to listen to and give comments/ feedback.

Great to see another Rufus fan on the boards. I also love Laura Marling, and the other members will probably testify to my Paul Simon obsession! Do you like Scott Matthews? He's another current favourite of mine.

Looking forward to hearing your music.

Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l