konalavadome

gerry & tina

• 10 Replies

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« on: October 26, 2012, 01:09:40 PM »
i swore id never do this again after the dbg fiasco on bandcamp but i promised gerry i would
he emailed me & said hed put the songs hed done from my lyrics all together on bandcamp
the guy is probly the only folk musician i will listen to he is quite brilliant & i realy recommend you listen to these if you like folk obviously i am proud of the lyrics they are not the sort of thing i ever post here
but like i said this is gerrys idea not mine so if no one listens i wont be angry with myself for doing it

http://gerrybhoy.bandcamp.com/album/tinam-songs
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 01:43:30 PM »
HEY!

I think this is a really good collaboration! Your lyrics take on a completely different personality in this incarnation. The vocal & guitar style really suits them. Love is a misunderstanding reminds me a little of Squeeze.

There's a real 'kitchen sink drama' atmosphere to the project - which is one of my favourite lyrical styles.

Your friend has an unusual but surprisingly-listenable voice. It's all in the delivery ain't it?

Thanks for sharing Tina :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Michael

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 01:56:56 PM »
These are great, Tina ! :)

Clever lyrics, beautiful guitar playing, and some great vocals - brilliant combination in my book!

I especially liked "Bad Girl" (though it was kind of weird hearing those lyrics sung by a guy  ;D)

"so I’m changing the chorus

the bit we both sing,

for more screaming & drinking

& swearing & things"                  <==Loving these lines

Great job both of you !

Kafla

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 02:09:03 PM »
I think you guys are an awesome team - bigger than the sum of your parts  ;D

You should make an album :)

Plus Gerry is a fellow bhoy so it's all good  ;)

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 04:12:18 PM »
Fun entertaining music and lyrics , i see the squeeze connection , also a bit lilly allen ,lyrical content .

Your a really good writer Tina and you should put these in the review bit not hide them away down here. Like it or not you make a good team.

p.s.

thanks for the download  ;D
I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 09:57:15 AM »
I like these songs...there are clear influences from more famous artists present ..but non the less it`s all good..one at a time on the reviews section would be better...

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 12:01:22 PM »
well im realy pleased people liked these but then i still think this is basicaly a folk forum with a few rockers on the fringe
anyway 2 of them were posted in the reviews section a while back

yes i would love to do a whole album with gerry & i have just had a book printed of  all my poems/lyrics not the dbg ones & have promised to send it to gerry so he can look for any others he might like
the trouble is gerry is a fine lyric writer himself & certainly doesnt need me

thanks for listening to them! :)

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 03:39:43 PM »
real nice tina
gerrys vocals bring the lyrics to life beautifully
and done a lovely job without any melodrama or pretension, simple & tender with pointy scary elbows..  i think the simple acoustic approach coupled with great lyrics is a lot louder than heavy metal
it must be a terrific spirit lifter to have someone you respect put them to music.  shows your worth.  
fine work g & t
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 07:11:20 PM »
You are so talented, Tina, your lyrics are so fascinating just like you are. I wish your confidence was as strong as you're songwriting, these songs are wonderful and you do make a great team - but I think anyone who has a go at writing a song with your lyrics has had a lot of the hard work done for them - just what I think xxx

I enjoyed listening to all of them x

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 09:38:26 PM »
thankyou nooms & flossie for the nice words but gerry is the self effacing one not me ....the only thing facsinating about me is that ive never killed anyone!
do you know he never changes one word of a lyric i give him .....i think that says how talented he is
haha g & t nooms i never thoght of that!!

flossie i will pm you i think i actualy have my boys under control!!

gerrybhoy

• Busker
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 12:10:26 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to listen to "Tinam Songs" great lyrics are easy to work with and when they have the added bonus of a strong storyline and a twist along the way then the whole writing process just falls into place.
singerysongwritery type individual a natural born weegieburger and lover of the black country dogs