(chorus)
Don't take his dreams and
Break them
Let them see the light

Let them see
Let them see
Let them see the light
Honi soit qui malypense
or : I got a lovely bunch of coconuts ;)

titiami

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 06:44:10 AM »
i don't feel these lyrics,its like in your other lyrics, you're using ,"let him, let them", to rush a finish, this makes the lyrics lose its taste. That's just the way i see it.

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 12:53:48 PM »
Hi. I think there is definitely a good solid basis for a good song somewhere in these lyrics. I'm divided in 2 on the use of 'let him' and 'let them'; on one hand I think it could be clever use of simple repetition yet on the other I kinda agree with the last poster about a rushing to the finish line feeling. Maybe if you tried something like 'Release them to the light' or 'Bask them in the light' it might work better. I don't honestly know but they are YOUR lyrics so you'll know better than me!

I'm also a little confused about the title; don't get me wrong I think it's a good title and has originality but the lines are only a very minor part of the song. I imagined they would have been an integral part of the chorus. Ever think of changing the title to something to do with 'The light'?
Again just my ill-informed opinion.

Still find it a very good write though and think with a bit of tweaking and polishing you could have a very good song here :)

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 09:38:27 AM »
It feels like you've written a song made of filler, and it leaves me sitting there going 'why did I read that?'

Basically, there's just not enough there to keep a reader/listener entertained, which is really the main aim of a songwriter (to entertain).

There's some good bits in there, but it's really just a few lines of interesting things and ideas, then filler again.
Defective Elector