konalavadome

Saddest song I ever had to write. Newbie so love to hear your thoughts

• 33 Replies

Kafla

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2012, 09:06:35 AM »
Very beautiful and touching song Richy

I am torn between yearning for a more anthemic chorus but I don't know if that would cheapen the sentiment of the song

Very well written and played though despite you stating you can't play the piano  ;D

jmacdon

• Solo Gig
  • Give me a lyric and I'll give you a song
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 09:25:08 PM »
Well done RR - for a first post this is brilliant.  The production is obviously poor, but it's a live recording and this forum is about the raw music - forget about tarting it up, leave that to the professional producers.   

I see Oasis as being a big musical influence on you and on this song - but you have taken their style and added your own magic which is superb and makes this song definitely unique.   

Your vocals (not unlike mine) are not brilliant but are good enough to convey the meaning and emotion of the song.  If you could get a band or vocalist to record this, then you'd definitely have a product    worthy to tout around the publishers or taxi.com.

Please post more of your work :-)

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2012, 12:08:31 PM »
Like the component parts very much. Piano - melody are bloody great - not sure they are the right vehicle for the lyric if I am honest with you - just didn't sound that sad to me.  Sounded like McCartney I thought and that can't be bad - very nice work thoughand look forward to hearing more from you. BTB
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying

RichyRowlatt

• Open Mic
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2012, 09:51:39 AM »
Hi everyone and thanks for the comments,

Kaf, I had toyed with a middle that could potentially lift it even further, but I had problems with it so I went with the guitar solo which needs work but could provide the anthemic lift you're looking for.

Jmac, I have to take the Oasis comparisons right on the chin, though I honestly am not a massive fan. I thought Definitely Maybe was an outstanding album, but beyond that I lost interest really. This was just one of those songs that kind of wrote itself and plays itself. You can't really put a twist on it, it goes how it goes if you get what I mean.

BTB, I hadn't thought of this to be honest. I guess I just thought the lyrics conveyed the song and didn't spend too much time on the chords. I think I'm going to learn a lot on here  :)