The Bitter Town Hounds

• 7 Replies

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« on: October 25, 2012, 02:07:11 PM »
My two nephews have a rock band , formed about a year ago .
For their ages i think they're brilliant , Rowan on bass is 14 , and Toby on lead guitar is 16.
the rest of the band are about the same age .
they have now got some decent recording gear and made a demo, still some tweaks and
backing vocals to go on but he sent me the track for my opinion , i'm biassed and think its
great anyway , so maybe some of you may listen and give some advice .
cheers ,

edit , i've changed the link , this one should be fine .

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30178688/The%20Bitter%20Town%20Hounds%20-%20Outnumbered.mp3
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 07:26:01 PM by andy5544 »
I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

Michael

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 02:18:18 PM »
Don't know if you need a Gmail account to open this link -  I for one can't open it, it redirects me to the Gmail log in page.

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 07:29:32 PM »
Don't know if you need a Gmail account to open this link -  I for one can't open it, it redirects me to the Gmail log in page.

Sorry Michael , didnt know if that google player would work or not,  so ive changed the link now if you'd

like to give it another go .

thanks.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 08:16:27 PM »
That was awesome ANDY

There is some really intelligent and mature touches in there!

I loved the guitar parts - subtle enough to support the lyrics but "twiddly" enough for the genre

I especially liked the panned "call & answer" guitar parts

The production is also particularly sweet

Gotta love those machine gun kicks  ;D

I really enjoyed the changes throughout the track, which maintained interest without turning into a "widdle" fest on the guitar - I thought it was great

The only feedback I would give is that I think the vocals go do with a bit more "bite"

I can hear that the vocalist has got it in him - I get the feeling he just isn't "letting go"

A trick that may help is to ask him to re-record the vocal with the existing vocal playing through his headphones whilst recording. This may help him "compete" with the existing recording and help get the same amount of energy into the vocals as there is in the rest of the track

At no point are these comments related to their ages - this is top notch stuff for any age and is extremely professional sounding

Great job!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 08:51:30 PM »

bloody hell great band, ..what they gonna be like when they grow up..?
superb pro performance & arrangmnt  good song and not about elves as far as i can tell ..
very nice mix love the sound of the drums especially...yeh all good
good luck to them
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 10:07:58 PM »
 Sht Andy....I'm bloody exhausted just listening ;D...what a great band...They certainly have got 'what it takes'.....I can't believe they are only 14/16....the vocals sound like they are from someone twice that age.....If they can stay together, remain focused, stay off the drugs/booze, and not get too carried away with the praise and adulation they are bound to get....they will go far, of that I have no doubt......do they have a complete set of this quality ?..... I think there's probably a lot of 'free press' available to them because of their age. They definitely need a good manager.  The rock chicks and fast cars are just around the corner. Be patient and practice, practice, practice......Absolutely loved it ;D ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:11:58 PM by Binladeda »
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 10:18:36 AM »
Thanks for listening chaps ,thanks for the vocal advice boydie , i'll certainly pass it on to them , they're quiet open to taking advice/tips ...as you probably know some teenagers already know it all , but these are a nice bunch and not like that.

Binladeda -cars n chicks - that's funny  :D :D
they do indeed have bucket loads of songs just as good , and have been gigging with them practically since they formed , they have played some decent places round our area , pubs , small theatre type places like the wedgewood rooms portsmouth , the soul cellar southampton , lots of student pubs ,

they need a decent promoter now and i think they'll be good to go.

thanks for the input everyone , i'll pass it all on to them.

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 11:42:03 AM »
I was reading that first post thinking 'yeah yeah, I'm sure they're great...' but wow, they actually are. It's not perfectly original, but it's better then what a huge chunk of metal bands are doing at the moment.

These young men deserve to sell many records.
Defective Elector