Miniking - A Song for Jonny - Live Acoustic - Piano and Voice

• 8 Replies

miniking

• Busker
« on: September 27, 2010, 12:48:03 AM »

We wrote this song two nights ago, recorded the second take and here it is. All feedback is always very welcome. I hope you enjoy it.

Hi I'm Aaron Perkins. I am 32 and have been playing/writing for around 17 years. I taught music in schools for about five years and have played in many original bands over the years. I am a guitarist, pianist, singer and songwriter not neccessarily in that order. I am currently writing as a songwriting partnership with my wife Becky who is a tremendous singer (the best I have ever worked with). We are rather prolific, managing to write a couple of songs each month whilst dealing with three young children.  Our writing style is eclectic , mainly soul, funk, pop, folk, but it changes with each song. I have just posted some videos on Facebook and Youtube of us practicing:

I also played without Becky in a band called Caned Unable who still have a website. Its not the most attractive website but there's a lot of mp3s to download. Try the first few tracks, Eggshells, The Game, Women, Taking Me Under and I Need You. They are definitely the best. I really hope you enjoy the music and any comments are always welcome. Click on the link below or type caned unable into your preferred search engine.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 10:03:06 AM by tone »

Mark L

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 10:11:46 PM »
That actually sent a shiver down my spine

I have no more to say

miniking

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 10:15:28 PM »
Thanks Mark! That is a wonderful compliment! :)

Mark L

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 10:43:18 PM »
I kid you not

I liked your piano playing from the start, and then when your missus came in with the vocals......just amazing

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 10:50:16 PM »
Another songwriting masterclass from Aaron & Becky.

I love this, but I feel I should offer some criticism lest I be seen as a backslapper :p

I'm struggling hard to think of any, though! Certainly when it comes to the song itself - I think if it was mine I'd tone down the vocal phrasing (esp at the ends of lines sometimes).
I love the way this song moves - it has great dynamics and texture, all written in :) Reminds me a little of Sarah McLaughlin (another great writer.)

Seriously, you two should be making records.
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Dutchbeat

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 04:24:54 PM »
fabulous indeed!

you need to piano and voice to be recorded on separate tracks, that deserves an absolute perfect recording.

Good to see this songwriting fun and pleasure at home

excellent

the singing (and the song) are amazing

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 07:25:39 PM »
Another beautiful song. I like the vocal phrasing.. It gives it that bit of spice :)
You obviously have a strong ear for melody and that's something I like a lot.
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 12:53:55 AM »
Went back looking for some Gems that I can remember listening to on here and thought this one

was amazing.
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

Songsmith

• Solo Gig
  • If you can feel, you can write!!
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 09:18:42 AM »
Hi Aaron,

really nice song, well played & well sung, even liked the blue spotted beach/football that looked like it was your audience!!!