konalavadome

james bond theme compitition

• 39 Replies

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« on: October 21, 2012, 12:43:56 PM »
does anyone want to do a james bond theme challenge
i know habitats running his pawprint compitition & we should wait till after but then it will be coming up to christmas & we ll probly have a christmas song thing going so with the new james bond film coming out & adeles theme song out i feel the time to do it should be now?
can we run 2 at once?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:59:54 PM by tinam »
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 01:14:31 PM »
YAAAAAAAAAAAYY

COUNT ME IN!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

I've got something written already (you've seen it actually) and an idea of how it might sound, I've been looking for a reason to actually sit down and do it.

You can run this one though Tina, I've got enough on my plate haha  :D

Put my name down "Mish Moneypenny"  :D :D

hab..

Michael

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 01:28:31 PM »
Yeah let's get this started !! :)

I'd only suggest to put the deadline - if there is one - at least some 6 weeks or so from now... I still have the Pawprint song to work on and it often takes me foreeeever to finish a song...

that said: I am soo in !

Dutchbeat

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 01:58:59 PM »
i am willing to try this, but i don't think i will come up with something good

in stead of a James Bond theme song, my entry probably will end up sounding like a Dutchbeat song

with a video with Aunt V. in a smoking starring as James Bond  ;D

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 03:56:33 PM »
Yes, I'd like to submit something for this competition. I've just finished writing and producing a song called 'Silhouette' and have invited Kafla to sing the main vocal.  Unfortunately, I'm unable to find sufficient time to run this but if it the project gets off the ground, please count me in!    :)

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 06:48:52 PM »
well thats incouraging we have 5 people interested so far
i will run it unless someone else wants to
lets leave it a few days & see who else wants to do it & what suggestions people make about how we do it :)
obviously we can all make up our own james bond film name for our song ..i think its going to be fun!

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 10:57:45 PM »
ok ive started mine but now my f**king computers gone funny ..i think its the KGB!
i apologise for my langauge on here lateley..its monday so i can let of steam.. i dont swear on a sunday
im going to advertise this comp in other parts of the forum no one looks here

COME ON! ANYBODY ELSE GOING TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY OF A
LIFETIME
& WRITE A JAMES BOND THEME??

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 10:59:24 PM »
Would you like me to promote this comp in the news banner Tina? ^^^ (up there below the navigation panel)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 11:13:29 PM »
oh yes please tone!  but dont swear ok!

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 11:43:06 PM »
All going to depend on the end date dude.
Already committed to the Pawprint challenge, in the middle of moving house and I'm not what you would call prolific,  but I'll do my best.

I won't be entering a Xmas song comp this year that's certain!  ::) ;)
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 11:30:58 PM »
im still waiting for more people to show a interest before i set a finish date so i cant say yet mihkay

do you know i think i need james bond or Q to sort out my computer i lost everything i recorded last night for my bond theme!!....its making me suspect some megalamaniac villain whos also taking part in the comp is out to saboatage my entry
at least its given me an idea for a lyric/story for it!

Fisherman

• Busker
    • The Fisherman
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 11:34:35 AM »
Count me in guys!!! I already have many instrumental tracks that you may like. If you are interested i can send them to you.  :)

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 01:00:06 PM »
ok i been thinking about this & we need some rules so
i think we ll start it now & let it run for a while & see how people are doing before we set a date to end it.....but i dont think compititions work well when they go on a long time so i think 4 weeks max & hopfully a bit shorter

as its a film theme i think it would be exciting if we all made up a short outline of a plot of our bond film & a cast list & posted that with our music to make it more ineresting!!
so this can be funny or silly or serious or ingenious just to make it a bit more film like.. dyou know what i mean? & of course i dont want to put anyone of of the compitetion so its not realy compulsary ...but i might give extra marks for it ;D

for the winner i will design the film poster for there film that will appear on all the hoardings all over town & if i have time i might even make your film for you & post it here
now if all that doesnt get everyone running to do a bond theme then your all much to boring for me ;D

last rule is you can only enter 1 piece of music (of course it can be a song or instrumentel) & if you enter something you must review the other peoples entries or yours wont count!

Michael

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 04:36:37 PM »
Those are some great ides to mix things up, Tina !

if i have time i might even make your film for you & post it here
So... any Hollywood connections we should be aware of ? ;)

Btw your advertising for this competition is even more shameless than mine  ;D ;D

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 08:26:51 PM »
My Bond song is called 'Silhouette'.  It follows on from the death of Bonds Wife as depicted in 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service'. Bond is distraught and so he seeks comfort in the arms of another woman. The opening line sums up his mood 'Stay 'til the night has gone.  I care not that you're not the one'.  It provides an insight into his feelings, about his wife and the feelings of loss that he is experiencing.  

It's not your typical Bond song and so it doesn't conjure images of action, death and destruction.   I wrote it around a 70's style funk drum pattern, eventually building the instrumentation around this and then reprogramming the drums. I'd love to start again and write a more typical Bond song but unfortunately I won't find enough time.  I stumbled upon this half baked song on my hard drive and have recently completed the writing.  I've nailed the vocal but have now sent it over to Kafla to sing.  I'll be adding one or two minor but essential parts before it is complete.  I'm doing my best to suggest bond like motifs but it is difficult unless you write around the well known motif that features in the new skyfall song (also the main motif).

Good luck to everyone taking part.  To quote the villain Elliot carver, "let the mayhem begin".  :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 08:28:44 PM by Paul »