konalavadome

Crippled Eden

• 20 Replies

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 05:36:26 PM »
Hi All,

Thanks for listening and the varied feedback. I'm as confused as ever now. Loads of things to try. Shortening the song seems to be the first thing, and looking at the synths the other, although Nooms as put a spanner in the works :D

The vocalist is the star as far as I'm concerned.

Will look at the pre-chorus/chorus thing. The bass guitarist sends me a new bass line every week almost, so this song is always changing. It was written before Till The End, but never seems to be at a finished stage.
As for gloomy lyrics - this is one of the "happier" ones. I just can't seem to write happy lyrics without them sounding cheesy. I've written the last song for the project and that is seriously depressing, but hopefully still ok to listen to. Still a few weeks off finishing that up though.

Thanks again.

Digger

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 10:01:21 AM »
Hi, I like the vocal, sort of Cranberries meets Alanis Morrisette..very nice :)

I'm not sure about the synth though, seems a bit busy in my right ear, and the rest of the song is so much better. Maybe just turn it down a bit so it's there but not as prominent.

The guitar work is excellent as well, reminds me of early Oasis, great stuff Digger  ;D

hab..

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 05:57:07 PM »
I thought this was great!

As many have said the vocal is great and fits the track pefectly

I think the issue with the synth is that it comes in so late - I had "settled" into the track being a standard "band" sound, then the synth came in and kinda ruined the effect

Once I got used to the synth I actually found it really kewl - I would therefore suggest experimenting with losing it altogether OR bring it earlier to establish it as part of the track

I would also agree with the comments about the length of the track - I would aim to knock at least a minute off of it  :o

I think starting the track with the vocal is a great suggestion by JAMES (and will save you almost 20 seconds right there  ;))

The melody on the lead vocal is great and I particularly love the rhythm/meter of it

I would also like to give an honourable mention to the guitar playing and tone - really nice
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 12:07:06 AM »
hi digger we are running a write & record a james bond theme compitition here....would you like to enter something?
the start & finish date for entries has to be set yet
its something ive always fantasised about doing ...what about you?... cos heres the chance to do it & with the new bond coming film out its the perfect time!
heres the link
http://bit.ly/TO2SKa
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

melodybeals

• Busker
  • My bandmate giving me kisses :)
    • Not Supposed To Be Here
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 03:43:35 PM »
Ok, I dont know what the deal is, but I am on an american Songwriting forum....and the people on this forum are WAYYYY more talented. Great work! I am really impressed. I am going to look at some of your other works...LOVE IT! Keep it up!
The Earth without "ART" is just "Eh". -unknown

-Melody Beals

www.facebook.com/wearenotsupposedtobehere

RichyRowlatt

• Open Mic
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 11:00:31 PM »
Lush! Perhaps could be a bit grungier and maybe a bit shorter but as far as the song in itself is concerned I love it. Look forward to hearing some more Digger.