konalavadome

Heavy (quick demo) *revision now added*

• 23 Replies

refusedrevival

• Solo Gig
    • Refused Revival
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 07:44:09 PM »
Reminds little bit John Lennon ... in a good way.
Good lyrics, nice voice.

Guitar could be louder.

Good Job!

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 07:50:45 PM »
Reminds little bit John Lennon ... in a good way.
Good lyrics, nice voice.

Guitar could be louder.

Good Job!

Wow thanks  :o  there is no bad way IMO, he's a big influence of mine :)

Yep, it was only a quick recording, done with a single mic. I plan to make a proper job of it soon.

Thanks again :)

cj allen

• Busker
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 08:38:44 PM »
loved the guitar on the new version, nice song :)

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 06:15:44 PM »
Just my sort of thing - lovely song and lovely playing although I'd like the guitar louder and it's too long at 5:30. I think some subtle musical support from acoustic bass, percussion (not drums!!!) and maybe some lead acoustic fills would set it all off nicely. Great vocal and a very thoughtful and gripping song.

Loved it.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 11:24:01 PM »
I particularly like your vocal on this one - especially in the chorus

This is definitely worth pursuing and I agree with the inclusion of some subtle instrumentation - perhaps ducking in and out

This would be a good candidat to experiment with multi-track / multi-mic recording to capture that intimate vocal you are after, whilst still having control of the different levels
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 11:00:24 PM »
Loving this. Very very lovely melodies in your vocals.
I would also concur with the "electroacoustic soundscape could sound awesome on this." comment.
Very nice. Loving your vocals  ;D
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2012, 08:36:18 PM »
Wonderful song and a great performance especially given its just acoustic guitar and vocal. It's not an easy task to impress with such a stripped down production. This just goes to show the immense potential for this song. There is no need for me to offer any additional production suggestions as they have already been covered, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed it and that the song has o much more to offer with a more extensive production.

Kudos to you.

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2012, 09:00:21 PM »
Just my sort of thing - lovely song and lovely playing although I'd like the guitar louder and it's too long at 5:30. I think some subtle musical support from acoustic bass, percussion (not drums!!!) and maybe some lead acoustic fills would set it all off nicely. Great vocal and a very thoughtful and gripping song.

Loved it.
Wonderful song and a great performance especially given its just acoustic guitar and vocal. It's not an easy task to impress with such a stripped down production. This just goes to show the immense potential for this song. There is no need for me to offer any additional production suggestions as they have already been covered, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed it and that the song has o much more to offer with a more extensive production.

Kudos to you.
Loving this. Very very lovely melodies in your vocals.
I would also concur with the "electroacoustic soundscape could sound awesome on this." comment.
Very nice. Loving your vocals  ;D
I particularly like your vocal on this one - especially in the chorus

This is definitely worth pursuing and I agree with the inclusion of some subtle instrumentation - perhaps ducking in and out

This would be a good candidat to experiment with multi-track / multi-mic recording to capture that intimate vocal you are after, whilst still having control of the different levels

Guys... thanks so much  ;D ;D it really means a lot. I put a lot of myself into this song (that sounds really arty, sorry) and I wasn't sure if it was all a bit much. Like I've said on here before, I use my songs, sometimes as a vent, like a diary. Most emotional stuff is a bit embarrassing when viewed in the cold light of day but this one sort of stuck with me. I'm so glad you think it's got potential.

Thankyou x

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2012, 06:20:51 PM »
Just caught up on this thread - what a difference the new version makes! A lovely vocal performance mate, very direct and honest. Great phrasing.

Beautiful.
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l