Chinese Whispers collaboration (idea only at this stage)

• 2 Replies

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« on: September 21, 2012, 07:28:28 PM »
I know I've already got a challenge running, and thats why this is just an idea at this stage. I'm also not sure if this is the right place to put this ( so feel free to move it if it's wrong) or if it's worth persuing.

The idea is..

The first person devises a rhythm/drum track, once recorded, they email it to the next person. Person two adds a bass line/chords, then emails it on to person three. Person three adds guitars/other instruments, then sends it on the the next person who writes and records lyrics and so on with others adding harmonies etc with as many predetermined members as decide to opt in to enter.

The result would be the ultimate collaboration, or maybe just a weird mish mash..

Does this idea have legs? Any suggestions?

Michael

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 01:27:32 AM »
Well, one challenge at a time  :D (still working on the Blueprint one... is it really only 3 days until the deadline ?!)

I do like the idea of a project like this, although the result's probably gonna be a genre-less, undefinable mix of styles and tastes... Oh what the hell, I'm in  ;D

Not really sure how to approach this, though: If every contributor takes the mix the previous person gave them, mixes it with a track of their own and passes the result on to the next one etc, audio quality is gonna suck... I think in the end there would have to be one "producer" to mix all the single instrument tracks together... any thoughts on this?

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 03:09:41 AM »
Really like the idea of this :)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.