Blueprint entries ready for review - don't forget us - competitions board.

• 17 Replies

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« on: September 30, 2012, 10:13:21 AM »
Hi, I'm sorry if I shouldn't be posting this here, it's just that some of us have been working hard on our Blueprint challenge entries and what with the competitions board being tucked away at the top of the reviews page I was worried you wouldn't notice them.

I'm sure you regulars are aware of the challenge but for anyone who doesn't know, we have all been working from the same set of lyrics, (by songsthatcry) to produce a song in our own chosen style. The results are surprisingly different, with no two songs even slightly similar.

I hope as you're working down the review list, listening to peoples work, you'll take the time to pop over to the competitions board and check out and review what we've been up to.

Feel free to bump this post so that the non-regulars get a chance to find them too.

Thanks guys, and apologies again if I've been naughty sticking this note here   :)

IF YOU WANT TO VOTE FOR A WINNER PLEASE PM ME WITH YOUR CHOICE

And the nominees are.......

**drum roll**

Andy & Ron
http://soundcloud.com/compass-plane/copper-coated-heart-andy-ron

Man of simple pleasures
http://soundcloud.com/mosp_song_forum_challenge/copper-coated-heart-rough-idea

Seriousfun
http://soundcloud.com/allan-kilgour/copper-coated-heart

Michael
http://soundcloud.com/michael-tkt/my-copper-coated-heart

Habitat
http://habitatsongs.bandcamp.com/track/copper-coated-heart

Mihkay
http://soundcloud.com/mihkay/copper-coated-heart

:D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 07:57:07 PM by tone »

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 10:20:03 AM »
I look forward to checking these out!  ;D
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

Dutchbeat

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 11:16:39 AM »
me too
i will check the entries out today

it was not a competition you said, so no voting?

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 11:22:09 AM »
me too
i will check the entries out today

it was not a competition you said, so no voting?

I'll let the forum decide I think. It wasn't intended as a competition, and not everyone who expressed an interest has submitted theirs yet. That said it'd be good to find out whose is thought to be the best. Maybe I'll leave it a week, wait for the stragglers ;) then invite people to PM me with votes  ;D ;D

What does everyone else think?

Dutchbeat

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 12:29:30 PM »
I think it is nice (and to get people to really form an opinion) if you let people PM their votes

entries that are too will just have less chance / time to collect votes

well i am off listening to all the entries now, i have been staring at those lyrics at several occassions but i just didn't find a fitting melody

so, i want to find out how you guys solved this blueprint challenge!!!!!

Dutchbeat

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 01:05:20 PM »
wow, that is really good, guys!!!!!!!!!!

i hope all the forumers have a listen and vote!!

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 01:10:42 PM »
Ok guys, from what Dutch is saying maybe a vote would be nice. Feel free to PM me with your choice, but remember Mihkay is still planning to post after Monday, so you might want to wait for that before you do. :)

Anyone else who fancies having a go, to put your slant on those lyrics, go for it, but you might miss the vote boat :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 01:13:55 PM by habiTat »

Dutchbeat

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 01:51:47 PM »
perhaps STC should have a double vote in it, as he made the lyrics  ;D

anyway, i have cast my vote on behalf of the Netherlands

I hope we do this again, i think it is great idea and i want another shot  ;D

perhaps someone could make lyrics about Tone's and Cathy's work / good cause, the deserted dogs??

see for instance: http://soundcloud.com/songfordogs/you-could-save-me-the-charity

just a thought, we forumites of Tone's forum could make a full cd about that, with just one set of lyrics

but anyway, back to the current bleuprint challenge....i expect every selfrespecting songwriterforummember to listen to the entries!!!!

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 02:07:07 PM »
perhaps STC should have a double vote in it, as he made the lyrics  ;D

anyway, i have cast my vote on behalf of the Netherlands

I hope we do this again, i think it is great idea and i want another shot  ;D

perhaps someone could make lyrics about Tone's and Cathy's work / good cause, the deserted dogs??

see for instance: http://soundcloud.com/songfordogs/you-could-save-me-the-charity

just a thought, we forumites of Tone's forum could make a full cd about that, with just one set of lyrics

but anyway, back to the current bleuprint challenge....i expect every selfrespecting songwriterforummember to listen to the entries!!!!

I'M UP FOR IT IF ANYONE ELSE IS  ;D ;D ;D

Cracking idea Dutch, with a proper cause. I clicked the link and read the blurb but deliberately didn't listen to the song in case we use it's lyrics. I've got two dogs (one is a rescue dog) so this is close to my heart.

Mate I think this would be excellent if Tone and Cathy are up for it. I'd be happy to run it again. PM me the lyrics guys if you want to do this.

The original challenge only had 6 or 7 participants so a launch fairly soon shouldn't be too much for all those who'd probably want to contribute, what with it being for charity.

Just off the top of my head we'd need someone to volunteer for hosting the eventual 'album'. I'm guessing this would be best set up maybe by Tone or Cathy (if you wanted to) so that any monies could be easily put in your direction. Like I said, it's up to you guys, PM me and we'll discuss.

Brilliant  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kafla

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 02:24:53 PM »
Apologies everyone but I am going to miss this

I have a song written but life & shit have taken over - I might post it later but have had a lot of my plate recently

I will try and get some songs reviewed over the next few days

Peace ;D

Dutchbeat

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2012, 02:38:11 PM »
it should be a new set of lyrics about that topic, so perhaps we should start by asking who thinks he is capable of writing anything that will work (i hope several lyricists will volunteer to give it a go)

but, it will probably not generate money, unless we do ridiculously well...but it will be nice competition again and perhaps some of the material can be used to support the cause in some way

of course, this all depends on whether Tone is ok with the idea...

we could also leave the blueprint challenge a bit in its original form...and the only blueprint part is that the song (and videos) have to be about this cause to help for deserted dogs, that way everybody can let his or her creativity go wild, and the blueprint is only that the topic of the song is fixed

perhaps one of the skillfull producers out here can do the final mixing of the material (and i promise in that case i will record it in a way i dare to hand it over to one of these super skillful techno guys, usually my tracks are a mess)

everybody who joins should agree to put links to the end result on all their websites, on you tube accounts, facebook pages etc., in an attempt to get people interested (to donate something).
The song that gets the most votes could be elected to be the "single" (first song on the album), which sort could be considered to be the price of the contest

i would like to go for a project like that (also would like to try to go for a video about this topic, although i never had a dog, mhhh....)

but would others be interested? And what do Tone and Cathy think about it?

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2012, 03:09:59 PM »
That all sounds really good Dutch, and you're probably right about some new lyrics, the other song is already a song that people have heard. I'd be up for writing some, and I'm sure STC would give it a go among others (this is a songWRITING forum after all  ::) )

I do think that we should maintain the original model though, and all try to stick to a chosen lyric. That is what has made this challenge so enjoyable, the way in which everybody saw those words in their own unique way. Maybe Tone or Cathy could choose the blueprint lyric from the entries as it is their cause.

As far as the album goes as well, what an unusual concept, a whole album full of songs which say the same important message, in numerous different styles. It's one of those things where there would be something for everybody. The 1st prize idea is really good as well, the winner becoming the lead song, the one which opens the album and would playout first on Bandcamp etc.

And a video, that would be awesome, that could really improve the audience number if we could all promote it and push it on YTube. Are you thinking a video for the winning song or just leaving it open to video entries as well as songs?

Crackin' idea, I've PM'd Tone for his thoughts so here's hoping... :)

Dutchbeat

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2012, 03:49:14 PM »
great, Habitat

and i agree, same lyrics is what makes it special

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2012, 11:40:20 PM »

hi guys, well done with the blueprint comp, good songs popping up like daisys..
regards the 'going to the dogs' comp  (possible title ?) i have to be honest and say i agreed with DBs first suggestion in that i would be happier if it was open lyrically and think youd get more bang from it.
yes its a fun angle, the same words but kinda restrictive, reduces the possible power of the subject.
think you could get a wide range of angles and surprises with leaving it open..

i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 01:58:36 AM »
I've posted my reviews.

Great stuff over there, make sure y'all put 20mins aside to go listen :)

Ace work all!!
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk