konalavadome

Copper Coated Heart - Andy & Ron - blueprint challenge

• 12 Replies

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« on: September 30, 2012, 12:15:42 AM »
Here's my efforts , very different lyrically from anything i would do , but great fun.
Lyrics were great , jiggled slightly ...honest. the recording could use a bit more work but , hey ho. Chord progression and melody by me , then given to Ron for a vagazzle !!

http://soundcloud.com/compass-plane/copper-coated-heart-andy-ron
I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 12:23:13 AM »
This is soo different, again, to what I thought we'd get, bloody brilliant Andy. We should stick all these on an album and release it, imagine the royalties STC would get hehe...

Loving the little bits of lead guitar in there, I'm so impressed with the effort you lot have put in :) :)

I'm going to bed a very happy man  ;D ;D ;D

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 01:18:05 AM »
yes!! the pychadelic version, love it, the guitars, haha you worked them lyrics like, great stuff!
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 06:25:12 AM »
Love those guitars and some tasty chord changes thrown in as well. Great effort.

Michael

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 08:53:16 AM »
Great work on the guitars, especially liked the lead guitar outro.
The chord progression in your version gives the whole song a very psychedelic, experimental feel, I certainly wouldn't have expected that, kudos to you guys :)

Dutchbeat

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 01:00:53 PM »
Hi Andy,

nice bass line, interesting turns in the chords, and that guitar line at end is great!!!
a very laid back version, cool, but also a bit too cool for me (i know that sounds weird, how can anything be too cool? but i mean for me some more change in sound and dynamics would be ok)

(But never mind, my opinion, i came up with nothing, i totally failed)

great version, Andy, with that very typical psychadelic sound which is your trademark

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2012, 05:36:37 PM »
I've been really impressed with all of the entries that I've reviewed for this challenge.  The intro is exceptional, leading nicely into the verse.  The stand out ingredient for me here, is the lead guitar.  Very different to the other entries and a real pleasure to listen to, especially the aforementioned guitar. 

Well Done!

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 02:04:24 AM »
Those are some interesting chords! Very close in movement, an insular feeling. This I like!  :)

Unfortunately it means the melody moves a little too, well, little, for me. Its all very close melodically and dynamically which doesn't sit well with me I am afraid.

There is solid guitar playing here and a uniqueness that is laudable. With some more movement to the main vocal lines I would be more drawn in but as stands it isn't my bag. No offence of course, horses for courses :)
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 04:54:26 PM »
Fairly bounces along.  :)

Took me a couple of listens to get the tune into my head, but it was not the easiest lyrics structure to work with.

Very different approach though, not at all what I expected.  8)
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 10:08:11 PM »

A&R
lovely feel,
moves along like creedence crossed with the faces..cant be bad !
chorus works really well
kinda ambles home like an old drunk, love the sustain gtr part at the end
nice one chaps
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 01:21:52 PM »
The guitar intro and outro really sandwich this...i like the Bedouin , Arabic twang going on ...TBH the melody takes a few listens to get into..but when you`ve got it ..it`s good .....what you have succeeded on well is coming up with a new take,,and thats the point of the exercise isn`t it!!

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 10:51:56 PM »
thanks to everyone for the nice comments.

thanks to stc for the great lyrics, and a pat on the back for all you other chaps

who made a version .

I Dont really know why it had to turn into a popularity competition though ..... the original idea

was just to see how different everyone would tackle it . Now people are going to feel like winners

or losers . so .....i like all the other versions so i wont be voting . 
I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 05:00:14 AM »
thanks to everyone for the nice comments.

thanks to stc for the great lyrics, and a pat on the back for all you other chaps

who made a version .

I Dont really know why it had to turn into a popularity competition though ..... the original idea

was just to see how different everyone would tackle it . Now people are going to feel like winners

or losers . so .....i like all the other versions so i wont be voting . 

Sorry Andy  :( It's just that there seemed to be some interest in running a poll. The original intention was to run it purely as a challenge, the 'experiment' was the real point of it. I think the poll is just a bit of fun but I fully understand your point. I like them all too.. I'm just so pleased that people made the effort. :)