Moving North/Gigantic

• 27 Replies

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 08:09:22 PM »
Hi Pez,

I like that the track smacks you in the face; This is me... this is what I like... this is how I do it. How music should be done, whatever genre you prefer. I like this kind of music so it suited me just fine. Raw energy.
I liked the snare to be honest, thought it cut through. Perhaps you could go for a tighter sound to it; Maybe Joy Division type sound - don't know if it would work.
Liked the bit of fuzz. Really good vocal.
Ending? Album outro!

Cheers,

Digger

jrengreen

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 08:50:58 AM »
Amazing energy, and the whole thing's got a nice tight sound. And the guitar solo put a big smile on my face. Great stuff - cheers for sharing!

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 07:29:10 PM »
yeah its good to have some good old rock n roll punk songs on here like! it kinda goes off on one near the end like! good stuff tho!
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 11:09:53 AM »
Nodding my head along to this, the bass is very cool. I could easily imagine hearing this on 6 music or the like.

Great stuff Mr Pez

ToraBora

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 08:38:37 PM »
I dug this. I don't know why you added the Pixies at the end though, the chords had a passing resemblence to Gigantic, it would have been much better if you'd finished it on your own steam!

Great work though.

Pez

• Open Mic
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 09:57:18 PM »
thanks a lot for the comments. its great to get some feedback :)

i played everything on it live so pleased its managed to capture the live band sound i have in my head.. of course i cant do much else with my limited equipment and capabilities!

jillianne

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2012, 03:48:43 PM »
Very earthy, jungly sound, gave my adrenaline a little boost .... love the cough too, hope the move went well!

Michael

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 06:10:35 PM »
Loving the overall sound / live feeling and the energy you've managed to put into the song !
Cut out the end, other than that this i great work :)

Oh and the fuzzy guitar solo's awesome, too

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2012, 09:08:26 AM »
Don't know how I missed this one  ;D......Brilliant stuff again Pez. Love the way you put your heart and soul into your songs, the rawness and energy is awesome. You're a shining example to us all of how it should be done....Loved it
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Pez

• Open Mic
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 09:23:40 PM »
thats wicked binladeda and co, thanks very much ;D ;D

Pez

• Open Mic
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 11:47:52 PM »
would love to hear this on bbc6 aswell! hopefully will step up production a tad on next one and send to bbc introducing...

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2012, 12:04:35 AM »
this sounds like real primitive rock n roll & it sounds great ...that sound makes me wish i had a proper drum kit
 the guitar solo might not have been technicaly great but it had all the right attitude
 i dont understand why you went into the pixies gigantic i thought your song sounded original id never have felt the connection

pez we are running a write & record a james bond theme compitition here....would you like to enter something?
the start & finish date for entries has to be set yet
its something ive always fantasised about doing ...what about you?... cos heres the chance to do it & with the new bond coming film out its the perfect time!
heres the link
http://bit.ly/TO2SKa
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Pez

• Open Mic
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2012, 06:50:24 PM »
thanks for the comment Tinam.

Not really up for the comp though, I'm not a big fan of James Bond so would struggle to use it as inspiration! Thanks anyway ;D