konalavadome

Youtube Tags

• 22 Replies

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 09:56:18 PM »
No major break throughs regarding the tags.

However, and this is linked:

I have started whoring it a bit on "Google+"

Yes....the social network no one uses!

It is automatically connected with your Youtube account. And, it has communities. I have basically joined up a bunch of music communities, introduced myself, listened and commented to a few people, and then posted one of my youtube videos.

Doing this gained me: 25plays, one comment and three thumbs up - in 2 days.

My "refollow" ratio seems to be a healthy 15%

Yes.... This is all very cynical stuff. NOTE - Activity like this on FB, twitter, and of course on THIS website would backfire. This is how it should be, I am all for gentlemanly behavior (or ladylike, of course  :D )

I think perhaps because Google+ is such a naff network, the rules of ettiqutte are up in the air. I act like a gentlemen on most sites, Google+ can be my bitch for now  ;D 8)
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 10:18:01 PM »
Yeah Google+, what's that all about?? Use and abuse that before it goes..  :D

Cheers James, I'd really like to figure out how to get higher (ie page 1, near the top) on YT searches. I'm sure some of it is related to previous number of views, how 'big' you are etc, I uploaded  a video this morning and as yet, typing in it's exact title wont even bring it up ???

On the other hand, if you search 'Canal Warwickshire' my Tillerman video pops up as 2nd on the list (with only 53 views) so I'm a bit confused by the whole criteria issue.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 10:55:48 AM »
Tags and search engine optimisation are all very important but I do think people are starting to forget the "basics" of marketing in this digital age

I would suggest a little research in to some traditional "product" marketing strategies/approaches (with your song/video as the product)

Eg - a little research - what are people listening to and why

Identify the competition - who are you competing with

What is the USP (unique selling proposition) of your product compared to the competition - why should someone listen to you?

PR - have you contacted any magazines, online review sites, blogs etc. to get other people to say nice things about you

Do you have a load of testimonials that people might write/share for you - a "share" on facebook is great but this is nothing compared to someone posting on a forum something like "wow, have you heard this Habitat/James Highthawk guy - his stuff is amazing, check out this link"

I remember someone doing exactly this on this very forum (in the bar) about that Bernhoft guy - I must have shared it with a least 15 people, who all probably shared it as well, and I know at least 3 people that bought the album (which is amazing by the way!)

Most forums have the equivalent of a "bar" forum section so if you have an army of people doing this across lots of different forums - not just music ones,  you may stand a better chance of "going viral" - you also need to be really good and have that usp

In the case of Bernhoft the video posted here was him doing amazing things with that looper pedal ( the usp) but it demonstrated his amazing voice and song. The album is much more "mainstream" but the usp of his youtube vids drew people to the album

It is also important to remember that "Promotion" is you bigging yourself up - "PR" is getting others to do it for you (eg editorials rather than advertising) and is generally more effective

Smaller review sites, magazines and local newspapers/radio are usually desperate for content - a well written, professional, press release will often get published without any changes as it makes the publication's life really easy

There is a real art/trick to writing press releases that I can share if anyone is interested and wants to PM me

These are just a few "off the top of my head" traditional marketing approaches that I think many people have forgotten about in the digital age and may help give you "the edge"

If I get a chance I will dig out some of my MBA stuff and perhaps I could put together a marketing strategy & plan aimed at new artists?

The key is to then integrate your different approaches into a planned campaign

There is so much that can be done for free without having to resort to "advertising" - where it is difficult to compete with the "big boys"
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 02:08:15 PM »
I guess USP is the key to all success really, if it's boring, or the same as everything else, it wont rise to the top.

As it happens, it turns out that YT has a delay of about a day, from upload to search inclusion. My new video has appeared near the top of the search now, if you search for the right thing  ::)

It always brings us back to the same question,

Do we aim for success, or do we just do what we enjoy, and hope for success along the way?

anthonyceseri

• Busker
    • Success For Your Songs
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 06:08:59 PM »

My new tags are

"acoustic guitar" "acoustic guitar music" "folk singer songwriter" "folk singersongwriter" "rock songwriter" "singer songwriter" "Original Song" "James Nighthawk" "Not The One" "Martin guitar" "finger picking" "live recording" "studio recording" "male vocal" "male vocalist" "Singing (Professional Field)" "Rock Music" "unsigned singer" "unsigned songwriter" "Riverway Studios"  "Songwriter (Profession)"

These look good. I'd suggest to you to start thinking like someone looking for your song. What would YOU type into YouTube, if you were looking for something like what you're playing. It's easy to forget to think that way sometimes :)

JazzyRoy

• Busker
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 09:42:14 AM »
Hey!
I would really love to go on Youtube but I a sooooo shy! any suggestions what I can do? :)
"Play that funky music white boyy!" - James Brown

shahidashgar

• Busker
    • Icopy247
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2013, 07:35:29 PM »
please follows these steps to be top on you tube

Ten Youtube Marketing Tips

1. Be yourself – When making videos, don’t try to be Mr. Sales guy and woo people with your infinite knowledge. The best video is the one where you are speaking to your audience just like as if you were sitting right in front of them talking over a beer or something. Always, always be YOU, don’t try to be someone else. This is key, I recall when I made my very first youtube videos, I was reading a script, nervous and just not being myself, do you!

2. Post with a purpose
– This is a big one that people make mistakes with all the time. Every time you make a video it should be for a reason. It could be just to provide value to your list, it could be for a blog post, or it could be for generate leads, but always be clear on your intent for the video, it can be the difference between success, and failure.

3. File name – Always before uploading your video make sure your file name is the keyword you are going after. This is very important because YouTube sees this, and can make a determination what your video is about. It’s a small detail, but makes a big difference.

4. Catchy headline – Make the title of your video catchy enough that your prospect will want to click on it and watch your video. A generic headline that doesn’t arouse curiosity will more than likely not get much traffic.

5.  Keyword rich description – If you are targeting a specific keyword, make sure you have a good keyword rich description that reads natural. Don’t stuff keywords in your description, but keep it around 2-3% keyword density. Also, for better rankings, put a 500-word article in your description that provides value with your keyword throughout and adds to the user experience. How many knew this? I sure didn’t.

6. Utilize Time Stamps – YouTube has a cool little feature that allows you to put time stamps throughout certain parts of the video. These time stamps are like video bookmarks and are great places to explain what’s in the video and get your keyword in the description a little more. You can find out how to do this by doing a simple YouTube search.

7.  Link Placement – This is a big mistake most video marketers make, they put out a great video but fail to put the link to their capture page or offer in plain view for people to see. It’s best to put your link as the first thing in the description followed by your keyword.

8. Strong call to action – Probably the most important part of any video is the call to action. Without a strong call to action, your prospect won’t do what you want them to do, and you will not get the lead. Tell them what to do next when the video is done, and most will do it. People are waiting for a leader, be that leader and you will see great results.

9. Ranking Factors – If you are looking to rank your videos in Google or YouTube, backlinks are always a factor. Learn how to do good backlinking using automated tools out there. Good keyword research, Good on-page optimization, and Good backlinking will always rank you high when done right, so roll up your sleeves and learn, it will pay off.

10. Ping your backlinks – Once you create your backlinks, you can take those links from your software program, and run on over to Pingfarm.com and ping all of them. Backlinks are great, but if Google doesn’t know they exist, they are essentially useless. A ping sends a little signal over to Google and says “Hey I am over here, come crawl me!!!!”

CMHmusic

• Busker
  • for life
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 04:46:28 AM »
honestly when it comes to tags its a gamble i have had videos with one 3 tags and get 20,000 views, then i have videos with 400 videos and 40 tags. but i think it is more about the words you use, pay attention to trending searches in youtube and google. its worked good for me.