These Three Words

• 6 Replies

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« on: September 21, 2012, 08:24:53 AM »
Due to some of my previous songs being quite wordy, I had this idea. To try and write a song based on only three words per line. The aim being to see if I could push myself and write something more simple, that made sense and actually flowed. Well, it has tested my use of the English language but I'm happy to say I never once reached for the thesaurus :) There is no melody as yet but I'd love to know your thoughts.

These three words

Pick you up
When you're down
Help you out
Reverse the frown
Make you smile
Make you see
You are unmistakably

The only one
In my life
Who can mend
Make things right
I'm needing you
You need me
To partner symbiotically

Bridge.

Under stormy weather
Always shelter me
Loving you forever
Oh so easily

Ch.

In my arms
And holding you
Makes me feel
Like I do
It's never hard
Just telling you
These three words
"I love you"

If you go
Don't say goodbye
Take me along
Don't leave behind
All we have
All we've been
Together for eternity

Mid
Ch

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 10:17:15 AM »
Yeah it works,,you did it,,,

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 01:07:24 PM »
Realised as I was reading it that it syncs up to 'I Can Tell That We Are Going To Be Friends' quite nicely. Perhaps you could draw some compositional inspiration from it because I think that style of music would suit this song so well. Congratulations on managing to do the three word challenge to! The lyrics probably aren't the most original in the world but you didn't exactly have space for a myriad of clever metaphors and in any case this song's strength is in its simplicity and shortness.
Defective Elector

travis

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 01:21:49 PM »
It works for me, some times the words in this kind of structure can appear to be random, and thrown together.
Best of luck with it
Travis

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 01:22:27 PM »
Realised as I was reading it that it syncs up to 'I Can Tell That We Are Going To Be Friends' quite nicely. Perhaps you could draw some compositional inspiration from it because I think that style of music would suit this song so well. Congratulations on managing to do the three word challenge to! The lyrics probably aren't the most original in the world but you didn't exactly have space for a myriad of clever metaphors and in any case this song's strength is in its simplicity and shortness.

Thanks, I'm not familiar with that song so i'll try to find it. I actually had 'kingdom come' by coldplay in my head as a ghost melody while writing it. Obviously I'll steer clear of that actual tune when i get round to composing something. I'm quite pleased with it though and may try to elaborate on the concept of setting a rule to write by.

titiami

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 09:14:22 PM »
You did a perfect job with the three words. Another genius in our forum

evanjavo

• Open Mic
  • Just passing through.
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 08:10:14 AM »
This is quite clever man. Nice job. I love how the chorus just sums up everything.. "Just telling you - these three words - "I love you"" So simple, but perfect.