konalavadome

Ghosts - Kafla (New version featuring Boydie)

• 46 Replies

Kafla

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2012, 08:13:25 AM »
Im doing my infrequent catch up with reviewing so pulling up some old stuff. This is very anthemic.
The harmony on the chorus is excellent and although nothing much happens in terms or arrangement, mood or tempo in the first part of the chorus, that harmony really lifts and takes it somewhere else.

I'm not sure what I think about the electric guitar that comes in at the start. I think maybe there is too much of it..its kind of relentless throughout the song and it's not the most interesting guitar part I've heard..distracts from the vocal/melody a bit - which is the main and absolute best part :)

On a production note - the use of compression is way too much, especially on the drums. it's pumping like crazy in my ear buds...if you haven't listened on ear buds I suggest you do just so you can get an idea of what im talking about (its often harder to hear it on speakers)...when the drums come in you get this very loud attack and then suddenly the compressor kicks in like a maniac and pulls it down...so its going up down up down and sounds baaaad...

Hey RS!

Yeah as I have already acknowledged the drums aren't right - but there is no compression on them so I have no idea what's causing it  ???

In any event I have went to hell and back with this one so as Boydie says 'its been abandoned ' lol

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2012, 10:03:58 AM »
quote..
In any event I have went to hell and back with this one so as Boydie says 'its been abandoned ' lol

I hit this wall regularly writing lyrics..i`ve been working on one for 2 weeks ,which is unheard of for me..but it`s an important project and i have to get it right..