this guy is amazing

• 19 Replies

estreet

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 09:01:40 AM »
Not sniffy. For example, I don't actually LIKE this guy's playing or his music at all - but it is music and he plays with some feel and expression.

Youth & enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 10:07:46 AM »
I think you`re both being sniffy ..cos you don`t like this style of guitar work...it does n`t sit well with your view of what aesthetically pleasing music should sound like...you`re mocking of MA proves this.

For peeps who can`t play or who are learning or want to shred but can`t...Benny boy is pretty good....
Still don't agree with you :p

Thing is, most shredding is horrible, even in the hands of a good guitarist. But in the hands of a bad one, it's intolerable. Like estreet says, even if he had both arms and hands, I suspect player no2 would play the same as he does now.

The best guitarist I can think of who vaguely fits the bill here is Nuno Bettencourt - the guy plays with loads of feeling and is incredibly versatile
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 11:28:29 AM »
Right i`m going to say no more than this....he`s got a pick attached to a stub of an arm.he can go through the scales like a dose of salts....if you asked him to play Albertross he probably could....with his one good arm to boot.

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 02:09:37 AM »
I'd have to go with estreet and tone really.
My father has only got one limb and he has spent the majority of his life not wanting to be judged by it.
You wouldn't even know he only had one leg if no one told you because he walks so perfectly on his
artificial one. He has done ever since his accident at 16. He strove to walk perfectly on it so that no one
would notice and thereby not judge his abilities by it.
This guy is no different. He has a plec firmly fixed to his stump... No problem there. These are things you do to get past an obstacle. Scales... You do those for practice. He has a ton of distortion on and at the end of the day it sounds terrible.
He would have impressed me more had there been any amount of feeling in it whatsoever.
It's not about fast or slow. It's about how those notes come across. It's the whole picture and he's only got one part of the puzzle - speed.
I don't care if I play fast or slow.
And trust me, I often listen to stuff like Liquid Tension Experiment with John Petrucci on guitar so I'm not adverse to some shredding, when done well.
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

Waterpilot

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 02:57:25 AM »
Truly an example of never give up!!!! Musically, I find his work innovative and extremely unique.