TNMC

• 3 Replies

TNMC

• Open Mic
« on: September 16, 2010, 12:25:15 AM »
Hi,i would really appreciate it if you could if you could have a wee listen and maybe even leave a comment on 
http://www.myspace.com/thethursdaynightmusicclub

Thanks

Liam
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:31:46 AM by TNMC »

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 07:57:19 AM »
Hi Liam

Thanks for posting this song for review - a really nice track :)  Very strong melody and great commercial appeal. I love the piano part, and the way the rhythm interacts with the melody. Some really nice transitions in there too. My only criticism really would be the lyrics which I felt were a little generic and cliched in places. Having said that, they are the kind of lyrics you find in pop songs, so maybe my advice is out of place.
Anyway, nice song, nice delivery - keep 'em coming! :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Dutchbeat

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 05:39:28 PM »
Hi TNMC,

thanks for that song! Great piano (nice piano intro!), and a great (!) voice

just minor minor things / potential tips..... It feels to me like you are rushing a bit in some parts....

more slowing down right at the start of a new verse might be effective I think (just my opinion after listening one time).

Also, I wouldn't mind hearing some additional instruments on the refrain ("cry no more""), especially the second refrain at 1.05 where your voice goes up, perhaps a bass added, some string like sounds (?) at that point

but, what I actually want to say is: a very well written and well performed song!
welcome to the forum!

TNMC

• Open Mic
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 12:47:02 AM »
Hi, thanks for your comments and for taking the time to listen to the tracks in the first place. I should have said that the vocals on cry no more were not done by myself, sadly, but by a friend of mine. I didn't feel that I could do the song justice myself. I do sing (badly) on a few tracks but I know I am not a singer so I try to stick writing.  As for additional instruments on the track, I do have a version of the song that has guitar, drums, bass and piano on it but the quality of the recording is not quite so good. I must admit  I prefer this version anyway. I do agree with Tone that the lyrics are a little bit cliched and twee in places (certainly not one of my deeper pieces!) but they felt right for the song and they were honest at the time of writing.
I really appreciate your time and your comments guys, thanks very much. I have a few more tracks I'll get posted and let you hear them.
Once again, thanks.

Liam.