konalavadome

"THE BEAUTIFUL AND DANGEROUS" {straight up rocker in 7/8 time sig}

• 24 Replies

ABeautifulVirus

• Open Mic
    • MRI
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 05:49:26 PM »
humbly grateful for comments Apophena, Mike, Kafla, habiTat.
good stuff. others have mentioned that this is the 1st MRI tune where one can actually hear the words lol

& yea Mike, I do like your suggestion, but I kinda want to remain faithful to Rimbaud's theme of disillusionment etc...

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 01:12:55 AM »
Great stuff Daren ( is it daren ? )

really dont know why your not huge and earning big bucks ( or maybe you are ? )

dont forget us when it happens .

cool tune .  ;D
I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 06:45:13 PM »
Blimey - loved this!! Kind of Muse meets very early Floyd - nice hybrid! The only little problem for me was that I thought there was a little more melody available if you wanted it and that as the listener a little more variation in the 'tune' might just add another level - some variety - I found myself just adding in a couple of notes here and there as I listened that i thought could stretch the melody a smidge. Floyd did this with great skill in some of their middle stuff - dark side of moon for example - the melodies could have been on one level but the adding of a few notes really set them off – ‘Time’ (I think it is called) is a great example.

But loved this to bits and look forward to your next one. BTB
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying

ABeautifulVirus

• Open Mic
    • MRI
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 12:23:15 PM »
Great stuff Daren ( is it daren ? )

really dont know why your not huge and earning big bucks ( or maybe you are ? )

dont forget us when it happens .

cool tune .  ;D

yeah it's Daren lol -- thanks bro-

believe me i won't forget ;p - if it ever happens what i will forget is my former boring life as a web developer  lol

we came close to some recognition some years back- we opened for Greenday and Godsmack and had a pretty big following in south florida at one point- but the golden age of rock music has kinda seen its twilight and as we know the music biz itself is in complete disintegration - we haven't played out in over two years as Dan, Alan and I all moved away from each other so getting in the studio is a bit of an effort. we get a lot of blog posts on our website still of ppl saying 'where the f dig you guys go?' - it's so hard to make money these days as a band esp if you're not playing covers. really the only way to make $ is via licensing deals, but then you sign away your rights and control of music to a third party publisher/library who can change/alter/chop up mix for their purposes, which kinda bothers me from an artist POV etc... who knows what will happen. for me, it's more important to focus on the craft and making better mixes as a lot of stuff i have previously recorded sound terrible as i didn't know what i was doing in the studio really... it's taken me a few years to learn Logic the way i want to use it effectively..

Blimey - loved this!! Kind of Muse meets very early Floyd - nice hybrid! The only little problem for me was that I thought there was a little more melody available if you wanted it and that as the listener a little more variation in the 'tune' might just add another level - some variety - I found myself just adding in a couple of notes here and there as I listened that i thought could stretch the melody a smidge. Floyd did this with great skill in some of their middle stuff - dark side of moon for example - the melodies could have been on one level but the adding of a few notes really set them off – ‘Time’ (I think it is called) is a great example.

But loved this to bits and look forward to your next one. BTB

yeah i totally hear you BTB- i did in fact have a melodic escalation in the 3rd verse, but i thought it was 'too artsy' for this song as i wanted the driving 7 count and guitars to be front and center- so i X'd it and kept the established pattern.  thanks dude-

stephaniedema

• Solo Gig
    • Sienna Little on Facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 12:50:33 PM »
Awesome song! The 7/8 thing is new to me, but then again, so is most of music theory  :p
Great lyrics. And very smooth production.
Well done!

SD
Like a little spider I'm climbing the insurmountable. But I never hold myself accountable. - KT Tunstall

https://www.facebook.com/siennalittlemusic
https://twitter.com/SiennaLittle
http://www.reverbnation.com/siennalittle

Pez

• Open Mic
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 09:17:39 PM »
Now this one I love, really really good. Great lyrics and delivery. Great song. Production tip top. Love it yeah

Pez

• Open Mic
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 09:18:10 PM »
will definitely listen to this one again

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2012, 01:13:36 AM »
Loving the 7/8, loving the stacked backing AHHS in the chorus.

I think the main vocals could be pushed at me harder, but then with the sabboth references, perhaps you wanted them a little burried to suit the genre. It isn't a genre know well so I'll leave others to comment here

I kinda wanted the guitars to go a bit more crazy with the scales in the solo. The seemed a little cramped to one section of the neck. Could be the delay tricking the ear. I wanted some manic fretboard wanking basically!

Lyrics fit the style nicely. I like the persistence of the 7/8, tripping me forward constantly. Yes it is a tad unsettling; we live in a 4/4 world, so this is a (lovely) consequence.

The samples worked for me, an extra aural treat

Prob my fav of your postings thus far :)
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

travis

• Busker
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2012, 01:04:29 PM »
Sort of Frank Zappa meets  Iron Maiden.Love the lyrics too.The recording was really good as was the vocal.
My wife gave it 10/10 and told me that's the sort of stuff I should be writing instead of bloody country lol
Best of luck with it
Travis

evanjavo

• Open Mic
  • Just passing through.
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2012, 10:22:17 AM »
This reminds of Alice in Chains, Godsmack, etc. Executed very well ABV. It's disturbing but I'd expect nothing less tbh. Everything's top notch. Not a bad piece of music you've put out so far. Keep it up!