konalavadome

"THE NEW OXYGEN" - a 'rock opera'

• 18 Replies

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 08:11:09 PM »
I have total admiration for what you have achieved here. I can clearly hear all of the influences that you have discussed in your song introduction.  I love the scale of this, it's such an ambitious project.  You have written some very neat and thought provoking lyrics.  The song builds nicely from a simple yet effective beginning to a wonderful ending.  It held my interest from beginning to end. You should be very proud of your work! :)

ABeautifulVirus

• Open Mic
    • MRI
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 12:56:54 AM »
I have total admiration for what you have achieved here. I can clearly hear all of the influences that you have discussed in your song introduction.  I love the scale of this, it's such an ambitious project.  You have written some very neat and thought provoking lyrics.  The song builds nicely from a simple yet effective beginning to a wonderful ending.  It held my interest from beginning to end. You should be very proud of your work! :)

cool. much appreciated, Paul :)

Another great track....The feature of your writing that impresses me most, in all your songs, is the energy and enthusiasm that you are able to convey in your music. Just love the line ' you're a frequency not a state of mind', sums up one of my kids perfectly ;D ;D. You are obviously a very talented musician but more important to me is that you are a great artist. Always experimenting with new ideas. Like the way you use different tunings and instruments, creating beautiful textures and imagery in your songs. I even think that some of your posts are worthy of a place in the lyrics forum :D  You are another great talent here, that makes me feel humble and honoured to be part of the same forum.......did I really just say that :D  Love your work mate, look forward to the next one....thanks

humbly grateful to hear all this. right on man.  i try to keep it as honest as possible along all avenues

-Daren :)

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 05:27:06 PM »
thought it was the start of tommy at first
nicely segues into the chophoven which i enjoyed for the set up but not sure you need it
when the track kicks in sounds a little mismatched EQ wise, little muddy
mean no dis here..
your vocals are really nice.. kula shaker beatley..really appreciate the way you use your obvious love of the fabs ..mind you the ‘its easy’s’ are a great big clue !
think when you make me climb the hill with the piano part im expecting a big panoramic at the top and i didnt quite get one, seemed to drop slightly level wise ? and not quite the ‘wide screen’ i was expecting, bloke in front had a hat on !
enjoyed the song very much and love the efx and performance but with the build up, the expectatation is to be hit by a real punchy train and i wasnt..maybe it just needs more volume or clout ?
im not really that producer literate so cant quite explain what i mean..
(im one of them annoying musos that asks for more yellow..)
but i say all this with respect, really enjoy your music.
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 03:30:18 PM »
It's off the scale. Staggering ambition, invention, arranging skills and musicianship.

It borrows from various things but as they say, there is nothing new under the sun. The amount of time you must have spent on this is mind boggling.

Totally awesome in every way.