Hi there!

• 3 Replies

TNMC

• Open Mic
« on: September 17, 2010, 01:24:18 AM »
Hi, I'm Liam and I'm from Northern Ireland. I first started writing songs as an angst ridden teenager in a local rock band, a few have survived but I'm afraid they must stay hidden and locked away for the good of mankind. Some of them make Radiohead sound positively cheerful!!! I met Andy, the other half of TNMC, in college when I was about 20/21 and we wrote a few songs together which turned out really well. One of those songs was Cry No More which means that I wrote that song about 17 years ago, omg I feel really old now. Anyway Andy went off to Uni a year or so later and we lost touch (no internet or mobile phones in those days, it was telegrams and carrier pigeons I'm afraid). I pretty much stopped writing songs shortly after that until one day about 15 years later I ran into Andy, actually I almost ran him over but thats another story. I started writing again almost immediately and Andy and I have quite a few tracks written in the last couple of years. Generally speaking we only get to meet up on a thursday night, hence the name - Thursday Night Music Club - I think it makes us sound like the music geeks we are, we spend half our time talking about music instead of creating it. We don't really have a plan, we write songs because we love doing it, mind you if a nice big publishing contract was to appear I suppose we'd have to take it, it would be a waste not to. So thats a little bit about us, if you want to know anymore you'll just have to buy the book like the rest! Cheers.

Liam.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 09:25:12 AM »
Hi Liam
Welcome to the forum! Glad to see I'm not the only oldie around here! :p (no offence)

Having someone to write with and bounce ideas from does help the music flow in my opinion. I would love to be a little nearer to some of my songwriting buddies, but living in the sticks doesn't really facilitate that!

Looking forward to hearing more of your tunes, sir :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

hofnerite

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 01:29:04 PM »
Welcome TNMC!

Be good to hear some of your stuff.

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 01:23:30 AM »
A have quite a number of musical friends but most of them are either too busy in relationships and too far away, or are too busy being really popular artists that I never get to write with anyone but myself these days so I really envy you.
Although having total control over what you do is great I would much rather have someone to throw ideas around with and see in which direction things will flow.
Look forward to hearing your stuff :)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.