An experiment, a bit of fun... 'The Blueprint'

• 5 Replies

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« on: September 05, 2012, 09:21:20 PM »
I've had an idea...

What if one of us were to post a basic set of lyrics with a simple chord structure. A song of maybe 2 or 3 verses with a chorus, nothing too complicated. The lyrics to be set out with the chords printed above the words in the relevant places to help define the 'tune'. (Lets call this the blueprint).

Each of us (whoever wants to) has a play with the blueprint and comes up with his/her own melody, harmonies, rhythm, tempo, genre etc to create their own interpretation.

Record your interpretation of the blueprint and post a link to the thread.

We can then listen to each others interpretations of the same basic song and see how different they are. With the diverse genres/styles of music I've heard on this site I reckon we could end up with a whole bunch of tracks, each sounding completely different to the next.

What do you think?

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 10:08:27 PM »
Similar ideas have been put forward before. I for one would be up for it.  :)
But I have noticed that if rather than waiting for people to get on board, Just announce what you'd like to do. Post the rules. Set a start and stop date and hope enough contributors get on board.  ;D ::)

It might be worth putting it on the competitions thread so you can kick it occasionally without upsetting too many people or ask Tone nicely to put a sticky link up.

It's your idea so I'll leave the details to you. ;)

Good Luck.  8)
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 10:15:37 PM »
Ah ok cool, I wasn't aware I could launch a competition, just thought that was an official staff only thing..

In that case I'll probably create the blueprint myself and post full rules etc once I've come up with them.

Thanks mihkay :)

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 11:43:55 PM »
See competitions thread.....

Michael

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 12:05:57 AM »
Definetely sounds like fun :) Should be interesting to see the "same" song in a lot of different variations and genres.
Would love to participate, too bad I can't sing - anyone wanna team up?

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 12:09:46 AM »
Well there's been a couple or three female vocalists join lately,,looking for song collaborations....might be possible to use them ..if their interested..