do these chords work

• 16 Replies

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 10:02:51 AM »
Thanks for having a go R/A..

@KAFLA.. nothing..thought it was getting too technical ..but if you understand that sort of thing it must make perfect sense!

Guess i`ve learnt a lesson. :)

Kafla

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 10:10:06 AM »
In truth....I dont ::)

I really admire the guys for their technical knowledge and I also appreciate the way James, Boydie et al give up their time and effort but I don't understand it - God knows what an absolute beginner would make of it all

Be honest - did you get anything out of it?

But hats off to the knowledge absolutely terrific - and fantastic that there are all willing to give so much.

I have no doubts that this knowledge will make you a much better songwriter - 100% but I have to explain strange Trust concepts to clients and solicitors all day - I don't want to complicate my hobby :o

I am still laughing at Em/D is a Em followed by a D really quickly  ;D

One of the most important things I learned when I picked up a guitar was from my best mate, who had a number 7 chart single in Scotland. Just hold one chord and sing your melody - hold the chord for as long as possible. What this taught me was that you don't always need to change chord to develop the melody. It might sound like nothing but for me most of the time melody is King - everything else just supports it.

Now for others - probably better guitar players - riff, rythmn etc might be King but for me melody.

I just play shapes on my guitar, but I need to look up the chord sometimes to programme effectively in logic - The Real Deal had a Dm add 4 - Do you know how chuffed I am that one of my songs had a Dm add 4 - ha ha

Serious kudos and respect to those that do understand it though!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:22:01 AM by Kafla »