"LETTERS NEVER SENT" {heavy alt/rock w/ Middle Eastern textures [video added]}

• 22 Replies

jim morrison

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 02:20:51 PM »
mate! this is wicked! ,just up my street, very high calibre production there, bit nine inch nails, very interesting things going on here, will be keeping an eye on your stuff.
Learner guitarist

ABeautifulVirus

• Open Mic
    • MRI
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 02:56:02 PM »
mate! this is wicked! ,just up my street, very high calibre production there, bit nine inch nails, very interesting things going on here, will be keeping an eye on your stuff.

cool. thanks Jim. i also love NIN. - i just added the video too which is in the same mindspace as track.

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 03:50:57 PM »
Hi
This track sounds enormous!  It has tremendous energy and it is evident that you have devoted great care and attention to the production.  I'm tempted to say  bring the vocal further forward. This is  not the type of music that I usually listen to so I'm not really sure if this suggestion is appropriate.  What is clear to me, is that the track sounds immense and it certainly has a big impact.

Most enjoyable!

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2012, 11:19:09 PM »
just.....WOW !!!!  loved it , gonna dig out my kaftan right now  8)

p.s , could use a bit of cowbell maybe ?  :D :D ;D
I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

ABeautifulVirus

• Open Mic
    • MRI
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2012, 03:24:48 PM »
Hi
This track sounds enormous!  It has tremendous energy and it is evident that you have devoted great care and attention to the production.  I'm tempted to say  bring the vocal further forward. This is  not the type of music that I usually listen to so I'm not really sure if this suggestion is appropriate.  What is clear to me, is that the track sounds immense and it certainly has a big impact.

Most enjoyable!

Hey thanks Paul.  Yea this was a bit of a colossal undertaking suffice to say.  A lot going on in the mix; the sonic bed is rather complex so I had to employ a myriad of methods to keep it under control to the best of my ability. 

ABeautifulVirus

• Open Mic
    • MRI
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 03:29:26 PM »
just.....WOW !!!!  loved it , gonna dig out my kaftan right now  8)

p.s , could use a bit of cowbell maybe ?  :D :D ;D

lol i actually bought a kaftan in a street market in Tangier. i had to but a berka for my wife too as it was kind of difficult to go anywhere in public w/ her hair down esp when we ventured out of the port city into non-tourist areas along coast of north africa

'more cowbell' ;p love that SNL skit.  one of their very best. Christopher Walken +1

The Chemist Tree

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2012, 04:30:46 PM »
Love the middle eastern guitar flavour in the intro. I also again love the vocal sound (That Pretty Things vibe).

I also like that distorted vocal that's sat back in the mix (at least i think that's what it is) during the instrumental sections.

Cool tube again, blasted me into space once more.

ABeautifulVirus

• Open Mic
    • MRI
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2012, 03:24:44 AM »
Love the middle eastern guitar flavour in the intro. I also again love the vocal sound (That Pretty Things vibe).

I also like that distorted vocal that's sat back in the mix (at least i think that's what it is) during the instrumental sections.

Cool tube again, blasted me into space once more.

awesome! we all need a good space blast from time to time lol