Can't Be Your Baby

• 6 Replies

Aria Gracefield

• Busker
« on: July 23, 2012, 06:33:11 PM »
Hey Everyone,
After listening to some of the songs on this forum I feel a bit dubious about posting on here due to the sheer amount of talent im hearing, I'm hoping with your feed back on this track I might be able to learn something from you guys, that being said this may not be the typical genre you'd listen to, so any feedback you could provide would be appreciated,
Thanx

http://soundcloud.com/ariagracefield/cant-be-your-baby

Can't Be Your Baby
Music/Vocals/Lyrics - Aria Gracefield

Intro; What do you do when...somebody your addicted to...just keeps hurting you?
and they don't care...do you laugh? do you cry?.. Here's the situation

V1; If pain feels bad, why does this feel good? What we had was over before it began,
misunderstood what I gave you baby, try another shoulder to cry on...

Chorus; You hurt me and I like it then you pretend that you like me, it's confusing me,
what's my problem am I crazy? all these issues can't be your baby

V2; You're in the way of, what we dreamed of, you wanna come over but it turns bad,
I'll go away, get myself lost, I'm just another lover you nearly had...

Chorus;

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 06:44:43 PM »
Theres plenty worse than your song,,so don`t worry about showing it..
Does need playing about with a bit more in my opinion, but it`s fine for what it is.(some on here more savvy than me may give better advice,with mixing and that.)

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 06:45:45 PM »
not my usual listen to be honest. But enjoyed this lots. I am listening on a gas powered computer and the speakers are bit like cans on string, but I did struggle to hear the direction of the vocal a little and think it would benefit from being mixed forward a bit perhaps as the rhythm was knocking it back for me - but it might be that no else has a problem as they have decent clobber to listen on. But overall it moved along nicely had a nice melody and kept working away. Good stuff. Thanks for posting. BTB.
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 01:09:47 AM »
I agree with BTB. The vocal is hidden in the low frequencies. Its hard to tell by just listening to the track in isolation but I think it might be loud enough but fighting for room to be heard in. Perhaps some eq adjustments might be able to find it some space in the mix but if not then it should IMHO be bought up louder in the mix.

I cant comment much on the song as its not my genre but it sounded as though it was fine though I had a listen to a few of your other tracks and thought that 'I Wanna...' was the one i deffinately like the best. That one grabbed me from the get go.

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 10:27:37 PM »
not my bag this like, not heard much like this on this forum tho!
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 11:23:07 PM »
Hello and welcome

This is plenty good enough to show on here!

First up, your first point of call for improving your productions is; get yourself a decent vocal mic and read up on mic placement for vocals, and mixing vocals. EQ, decent source, Panning (especially with layered vocals like these)

There is good stuff here but it is very muddy to pick out with the cheap vocal sounds. Which is odd considering that the beats and bleeps and pretty tidy!

Song wise it is a decent but not great example of pop R&B. It lacks pizazz and a clear hook (or 3!). This music lives and dies by ensnaring the listener. A good beat will help, but an ace hook (or 4!) goes a long long way. The "Can't be your baby" came thru on a second listen and is a good hook, but still needs a bit more directness. Perhaps this is because I was put off by the muddy mix the first time....

Thanks for sharing and look forward to seeing where you go next!

www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

Aria Gracefield

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 10:40:48 PM »
thanks everyone for ur feedback