Hello Songwriters!

• 2 Replies

HiHaaT

• Busker
« on: August 25, 2010, 06:59:16 PM »
Hey my names Connor and im from Manchester, I am a drummer for a band called Misspent Youth.

I really like the idea of songwriting and have a wide horizon of music so i thought to give it a go...
And im glad i did!
I started 2 days ago (haha) and i have been awake at night with a creative overload and got 5 full Songs written which im really happy with the outcome, I dont want to post them up because im going to be practicing them with the band and dont want people taking them  ;D But i can say the titles:

Walkin With The Devil
Famous
Free World
Livin on The Edge
Sailin Through the Ocean

At the moment im really into bands like Cage the Elephant, And Crash Kings so i want to write songs like theres, but i dont know how to go about writing to that sort of music because i usually write lyrics then put them to music

So i have come here for some advice

Thanks

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 08:12:01 PM »
Hi Connor

Thanks for joining our happy little corner of the net! :) Well, what advice can I give you? Write A LOT, play your songs A LOT, get feedback from anyone willing to give it.

If you're worried about people stealing your songs, I understand, but plenty of others (myself included) have happily shared songs on the forum with no adverse effects as yet.

The best way for us to help you is to hear what you're capable of...

Hope to see you getting stuck in soon :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

hofnerite

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 08:51:30 PM »
Welcome Connor!

As a songwriter I would have no problem with putting my songs on a public board. Each post is datestamped digitally and would certainly help any copyright infringements. In fact the internet has really helped songwriters in claims against song theft, in fact the more people who hear the song, the easier you can prove you wrote the song first should someone nick it!

Interesting to see a songwriting drummer! Would be interesting to hear some of your stuff.  ;D