konalavadome

Vocalists and any kind of musical contributer wanted for new project Skrimshank

• 4 Replies

Pez

• Open Mic
« on: June 26, 2012, 09:34:34 PM »
Hi. Me and Damo have been "Skrimshank" since 2004 and have put out a couple of albums. We are thinking of 3rd project and this is where you come in, here is the shpeeel ala Damo:

Put a beat on whilst you read it:
http://www.soundcloud.com/skrimshank

The latest Skrimshank project is going to be an attempt to crowd source an album purelly via net connections, but instead of us wanting your money...we want your talent.
 To do this we need emcess, femcees,vocalists, artists, videographers (is that a word?), producers, musicians, promoters, artists and generally positive headz to help spread this shit like some kind of wild ear virus or just to give us some constructive feedback.
 So, if you think you can help out in any way then you'll officially become part of the project, get a say in what we do and how we do it, get credits on the final product and greatly improve your standing in society whilst boosting your sex appeal a million times over.

The Process:

This is still up for debate but so far we reckon-

Let us know how you can help. We need rappers and vocalists to pour lyrical goodness over beats that I'll post up here. Only stipulation with this is we don't want any negative badman, gang-flexin shit or bollocks about money and hoes. If you make that sort of stuff, then good luck to ya but we tryin to keep this on a positive level so all vocals need to be a bit smarter than that. Speak truths, even if they're harsh or filthy, and better still, if they've got a humourous edge and then you'll be welcome. Likewise we need artists to do arty stuff for each track and the overall album and video-hedz to put basic videos together cos people love lookin at stuff - same rules apply though, keep it enlightened.
 Musicians can send in breaks from whatever instruments they fancy and i'll try to lace them into the tracks.
 With audio stuff it's probably best to send us a rough sketch of what you wanna do, cos i don't want people spending hours putting together something really polished just for us to go "nah, sorry" or for us to have too many people on a track already. I'll try to keep people posted on who's doing what to avoid as much of this as possible.
 Further down the line we'll need producers to grab tracks for remixing and people to help out with mastering - I'll be mixing and producing as we go along but the final product will doubtless need a bit of spit and polish.
 Beyond this we need people to get behind the concept and push it wherever they can - get your friends, other sites, your boss, your mum, your probation officer or anyone you can think of to try to help us get this out there and, by extension, promote yourselves.
 Once this has started to bubble, we'll get a facebook page up and running to link everyone's stuff and start cross-promoting.

THIS ISN'T ABOUT PROFIT AND WE'VE NO INTENTION TO START TRYING TO MAKE MONEY OUT OF THIS - WE PURELY BELIEVE THAT WITH ENOUGH ENERGY, ENTHUSIASM AND CREATIVE PEOPLE ON BOARD WE CAN CREATE SOMETHING THAT'S DOPE AS FOOK AND PRETTY UNIQUE THAT PEOPLE WILL WANT TO BE A PART OF AND PROMOTE. THE MORE PEOPLE THAT KNOW ABOUT THIS THEN THE MORE PEOPLE WILL HEAR/SEE YOUR STUFF AND GO "WHO'S THIS? THIS IS THE BEST SHIT I'VE EVER COME ACROSS. EVER."

So, welcome to the democratic state of Skrimshank! *

* warning: state of Skrimshank may be ruled by benevolent dictators.

To get in touch with queries, feedback or stuff for us to vibe to either:
Message us through this here soundcloud
PM me through UKHHF (www.ukhhf.co.uk ....user: D.A.M.O.)
or email us at krowdsauce@hotmail.com.
You could even add me on twitter but not used to usin it yet!

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 08:22:00 AM »
This is probably better suited to the collaboration or bar areas of the forum...

...However, this sounds great and count me in for anything "guitar" that you want

I am happy to play in any style to suit any track from screaming rock guitar to jazzy clean runs, chunky crunchy rhythms to light strummin'

I have had so much fun with collaborations so I urge everyone to get involved if they fancy doing something a little different!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Pez

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 12:11:17 AM »
thanks Boydie, any of them stracks stand out for you? Have a jam and see what you come up with. More vocalists needed too, thanks to Garner aswell for getting in touch. Absolutely fantastic to have you on board!!!! ;D

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 12:33:36 PM »
Hey PEZ

To do anything meaningful it would be useful to be able to download the tracks as MP3s to throw into my DAW and jam along to so I can record a few ideas to send back to you guys

It would also be useful if you could post the exact BPM, key, chords and lyrics to save a bit of time for the collaborators

When I get to my PC (on my tablet at mo) I will have a proper listen so apologies if this is already available on the soundcloud site - but I know it prevents downloads by default
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Pez

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 07:48:03 PM »
of course yeah, you used to be able to download from soundcloud :o

if you let me know which youre interested in i can get you the mp3's, same goes for everyone else. Or I could
get Damo to bundle and send you the whole lot! ;D

Thanks for your interest Boydie and also those who have emailed Damo direct. Getting some interest from some other sites too so its coming together quite nicely. That said, we still looking for vocalists... I'm hoping some come in from the reviews section!!!