Isabella Lullaby

• 26 Replies

Pez

• Open Mic
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 07:21:40 PM »
Thanks a lot for the comments, much appreciated. This song is for my daughter and she loves it but glad it's got a wider appeal!
ps- you can download it for free off bandcamp, when asked how much you want to pay just type '0' and you'll be able to d/load it straight away.

Pez

• Open Mic
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2012, 11:10:25 PM »
OK, I've done a little bit more to it... I did add drums to the main verses but havent ended up including them as they took something away rather than adding to it. I think Dave Grohl may be able to do something decent but it didnt come off well for me. So, just a bit of extra guitar to the middle section and slightly louder minimalistic drums on the hooks.

http://dannypez.bandcamp.com/track/isabella-lullaby

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 11:36:08 PM »

hi pez
i thought sabbath last listen,  this time i could hear jack white , mind you i did watch him on jools earlier but still the thought seemed to make sense...i'll give you his number...!
great riff and vocal, it works really well but still would be better with some cast iron drumms
all the best,
nooms
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 11:38:05 PM »
Hm, good still. It needs those drums though, badly... Do any of you play drums properly?
Defective Elector

Pez

• Open Mic
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 11:45:52 PM »

hi pez
i thought sabbath last listen,  this time i could hear jack white , mind you i did watch him on jools earlier but still the thought seemed to make sense...i'll give you his number...!
great riff and vocal, it works really well but still would be better with some cast iron drumms
all the best,
nooms

Thanks man. Yeah a real drummer would be brilliant. I think its a strong track and me being weak on drums kills it (in a bad way, bad meaning actually bad). Jack White reference  ;D I've got Blunderbuss on vinyl arriving any day, cant wait to hear it.

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 09:29:16 PM »
Love this, a lot.

Brilliant dirty guitar riff. Nice contrast with the floaty bit.  I would like to hear the vocals more and I agree with Tina, lets get the drums going too it would just carry the track forward as it develops more!

The guitar almost sounds like those funny binatone type keyboard sounds two thirds of the way through.  Interesting  ;)

estreet

• Solo Gig
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 09:57:01 PM »
As an intellectual idea I rather like the drum-tease scenario - but it would be better as a listening experience with a big thrashy kit. Good song.
Youth & enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery.

Pez

• Open Mic
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 10:47:20 PM »
thanks a lot guys! love thedrum tease comment ;) i'm doing my best to get them learnt!

Pez

• Open Mic
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2012, 11:32:06 PM »
last dibs on this? ;D

Little Bill

• Global Moderator
  • Busker
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2012, 11:50:55 PM »

thats not a fair move pez, bumping your own song
do unto others as you would be done by

Pez

• Open Mic
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2012, 12:56:13 PM »

thats not a fair move pez, bumping your own song

Thanks for your comments little bill. I read your other 3 posts on here to date and it appears that your contributions to the forum so far are to tell people what they can and cant do. I wonder if you could try to make a more positive contribution to the forum by means of providing feedback on other peoples songs or contributing some of your own work? Many thanks and kind regards. Pez.

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2012, 02:27:02 PM »
Pez, Little Bill's purpose here is to be a moderator that is not otherwise involved in the community so as to remain impartial.

Though I will add that his post here seems like a waste of his energies... Honestly, is it so bad he bumped a song? For all you know he was taking it to a professional studio and wanted some new members to give feedback so he could make last-minute changes. Next time I think you should just PM him... I would have passed this thread by if I hadn't noticed Little Bill had posted earlier... It seems you've caused what yous set out to prevent...
Defective Elector