konalavadome

Nowhere Calling

• 28 Replies

Adam

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 12:29:32 AM »
Common sense all the way through there, James. I have a genuine offer. Fancy remixing and remastering it? If so let me know the deal and we'll sort something out :) 

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 12:41:52 AM »
Common sense all the way through there, James. I have a genuine offer. Fancy remixing and remastering it? If so let me know the deal and we'll sort something out :) 

I don't know if I'll get in trouble for monetising my account on this forum?! ??? ??? I have been very careful to keep this place apart from my worklife thus far :)

Alas, while lots of people on here do remixing/collab stuff with each other, for me production is a career so I am no position to offer freebies unfortunately. If you are serious, PM me with the details of the raw files you have from the project and we can take it from there.

Ace tune regardless :)

JN
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 12:42:36 AM »
this is great, absoloooly
does all the right things for me
all the right buttons  
makes me wanna play drums again..its a drummers dream playing this kind of track, can really put your back into it, dont know, dont care if the drums are programmed or not on this  just felt really good
love the energy in it, just takes over,..wonderful stuff
dunno how i missed this
nooms
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 12:48:37 AM »
..its a drummers dream playing this kind of track

Ooo. Good observation! Were this on "Rock Band" I would so put dibs on drums for this one!

(And yes, even musicians play Rock Band. Drunk. And piss off their mates by "Cheating", i.e. being able to sing lol!!!  ;D ;D)
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 01:10:22 AM »
james..
what does dibs mean ?

ok im getting it now..'rockbands' a game you rec biz types play ?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 01:31:48 AM by nooms »
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 01:37:14 AM »
I can't tell if you are kidding nooms?  ;D
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

walawala

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 08:10:10 AM »
I'm new here, just joined like a few mins ago and wanted to check out some of all your stuff...

AND WOW I AM AMAZED. This is just awesome!!! It's the first thing I heard from this forum and I am truly amazed because it sounds like a professional track already (or maybe you guys are professionals? idk sorry lol). You guys remind me of Nickelback too. And the lyrics are great btw :)

Sorry, can't give any constructive comments because I am really new to all this and yours is the first piece I've heard in here. But judging from the earlier comments, I'm not wrong to say it was great :)

birdattack

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 04:44:47 PM »
Yeah I got the Nickelback vibe too but damn that intro was Hooton 3 Car as FUCK. And those vocals man, top notch. 9/10 an excellent song
''can you play summer of 69'' - drunken mob at local pub gig after we'd played summer of 69 three times in a row

Dutchbeat

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 05:29:50 PM »
that is great!!!! great chorus

ridiculously well recorded, and your vocals are really good

a pleasure to listen

reminds me of live, but better  ;D,
and with harmonica  :P

this could / should be on the radio

Adam

• Busker
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 10:20:34 PM »
Firstly, thanks so much for all your positive comments. They really are much appreciated I assure you. I'm pleased as punch that people actually took time to listen, let alone post such supportive and enthusiastic comments  :)   

I can't in honesty say that Nickelback features prominently in our record collections but, fair play, you've all called it like you heard it so no complaints from me :)

James: I did an A/B comparison between the original and uploaded versions of the song and the contrast is quite dramatic. The uploaded one is quite fizzy while the master sounds much fuller and more rounded.

Seriously folks, thanks so much once again!             

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2012, 03:00:43 AM »
@Adam

Ah, so its a streaming/file compression issue

Read my (thorough) post here, it may be of help

http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/songwriters-resources/best-site-for-sound-quality/

If not might be the conversion to MP3 that is the issue, perhaps try a different program?

JN
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

misswhiterabbit

• Open Mic
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2012, 08:39:57 AM »
Bloody hell! THis has some kick to it. Such a great recording, it's sounds so professional! Anyway aside from that this track has so much going for it, great licks, catchy lyrics, passionate vocals, powerful punchy drums. This isn't even my sort of music usually but I can't help but love it. Wow!

Adam

• Busker
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 10:01:06 AM »
James: Yes I'm assuming it occurs at the 'transcoding' stage of the Soundcloud upload process since I just uploaded the full wav. There doesn't seem to be any way of adjusting the upload settings on Soundcloud...not to worry though, Soundcloud does the job fine...

Misswhiterabbit: Thanks very much for the kind words! Really much appreciated!

Kafla

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2012, 04:23:24 PM »
Excellent clarity in the recording and an ace vocal

Maybe a little strained in the chorus if you want me to be picky

But broadcast ready  ;)