Pedestrian (Unfinished)

• 8 Replies

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« on: June 14, 2012, 01:13:56 PM »
As the title says, it's unfinished. I've struggled recently with writing lyrics and have instead been having a lot more success with writing things on the instrumental side.

I think I started this one a while back (March-ish) and added bits to it here and there. I figure it might do me some good to get some feedback while it's still a work-in-progress rather than a 'finished' piece (as in, fully written) which I would be more protective of. Not quite sure about the title yet either, but that's mainly because I only really think of a title when I'm done with writing the lyrics.

Pedestrian

This is a fairytale
Of a walking man
I don't know if you'll believe
I wonder if you can

The sun kisses clouds
Rays of light hit the ground
Thaw me out
So I can learn how to breathe again

I wont make a sound
I don't need help to work it out
Lose your doubt
Let me show you what I mean my friend

(Chorus)
Above the crowds
Left out
Just to learn what I can see
I'm a pedestrian
So please give way to me
I've been lost
For a while
Found all these doors that have no keys
I can't open them alone
I need you to walk with me

(Extended Chorus, for later)
Removed from doubt
Not proud
Just to rise above the screams
I am prepared for you
But are you prepared for me?
I'm ready now
Break out
Above the land above the sea
I'm a pedestrian
Please let me cross the street
Defective Elector

LiamDine

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 08:54:33 PM »

Yeah your right its not finished is it? if you've been doing this since march, maybe you should find more time if your serious about writing? I'm now really struggling to find the reasons behind your harsh attitude to mine, even when i tried to defuse it?

its got a good sound developing at the start and the chorus...

i don't hear a residing these around the song though, whats it supposed to be saying?

im not sure what an "extended chorus" is to be honest?

i find it strange you put mine down for its motivational theme but then posted this as your "extended chorus"

Removed from doubt
Not proud
I am prepared for you
But are you prepared for me?
I'm ready now

when basically it captures the same mood as mine? strange huh?

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 02:40:29 AM »
Firstly, I have no problem with you and frankly I'm chuffed to finally have a rap writer who looks like they'll be sticking around, we need the variety. I just found that song a bit too... (aggressive? in your face?) Can't think of a suitable term... I think the idea of pick-me-up songs is a great one and, like I said, we all need them. I just felt that song was a tad extreme. Basically, it wouldn't pick me up, but I'm not everyone. We should also probably continue this discussion in that song's thread.

'Removed from doubt
Not proud
I am prepared for you
But are you prepared for me?'

The point of that bit is to literally ask a question. The song (so far) is about how far removed from standard societal thinking one has to be in order to find themselves in the mindset for all-out change with the intention of solving huge issues like Global Warming, Failing Capitalism, War, and so on. The point is that the 'character' is asking that question to society in general to encourage people to really examine themselves to see if they are actually prepared for the changes a lot of them advocate.

The 'Extended Chorus' basically means I'll add that on to the pre-existing chorus lyrics come the second chorus.

To be a bit clearer, I've been working on this since March but I have been working on other songs too in that time. I wrote Disparity in that time (I never got round to posting the final version of that...) and have spent a lot of time working on the musical side of things with my band.

Firstly, I have no problem with you and frankly I'm chuffed to finally have a rap writer who looks like they'll be sticking around, we need the variety. I just found that song a bit too... (aggressive? in your face?) Can't think of a suitable term... I think the idea of pick-me-up songs is a great one and, like I said, we all need them. I just felt that song was a tad extreme. Basically, it wouldn't pick me up, but I'm not everyone. We should also probably continue this discussion in that song's thread.
Defective Elector

LiamDine

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 03:38:12 PM »
Sweet, I will stick around if im not singled out, which I am being.

Your comment was unnecessary, as was mine.

I dont think that's an extended chorus, the flow changes, it doesn't sound the chorus it sounds like a seperate verse.

In all honestly I would put the chorus in again after it and use it as a bridge.

Tell your mate site owner its sorted now, im happy to draw a line if you are, but I can see my name being banned next time I log in anyway.

I still think they should up it too 2/3 songs a week, it is very quite in here to be fair, its why as you said "people dont stick around"

Yeah im upfront, im blunt 1% of people keep it in context, the rest blow my words up.

If your heard my song in the context of the album it would make a hell of a lot more sense to what im saying.

No hard feelings anyway even if my time here is up.

Dutchbeat

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 04:00:49 PM »
Just read this now, and i think the idea
behind these lyrics is Superb!!!!

i absolutely love this, it seems very finished to me

Dutchbeat

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 06:31:53 PM »
Hi Corsair

are these lyrics available
to make music to?

if so, can i have a go at it

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 02:55:32 AM »
Be my guest DB.
It's well out of the style of my present band so they'd likely be something I worked on and recorded on my own some time down the track.

Cheers for the reviews as always, and I'm happy to have our differences somewhat settled, Liam, without having to excessively but heads.
Defective Elector

Dutchbeat

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 06:37:09 PM »
Hi Corsair, took a while, but i am going to have a go at this tonight

hope i will be back with something soon

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 01:12:33 AM »
Oh wow, I'd forgotten you were going to do that. Can't wait to hear what you come up with DB :D
Defective Elector