konalavadome

Hello songsters!

• 7 Replies

hofnerite

• Open Mic
« on: August 20, 2010, 08:32:42 PM »
I am 31 years old and live in Hampshire UK. I was in a band for a few years and have been writing songs for the last 12 years or so. Only now (after writing about 300) am I happy with the standard of my songwriting and so I am looking to become a professional songwriter for others. Hopefully I can start getting some songs up on here soon and look forward to being part of this forum.

I taught myself guitar and classical, a bit of piano and bass etc and done a whole host of jobs including running my own business but there has been this hankering to get deep into music for some time now and I absolutely love the process of writing and recording so I really want to give this a go.

I am totally into the Beatles (McCartney especially), British indie, basically anything with a perfect melody.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 08:36:53 PM by hofnerite »

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 09:53:43 PM »
Hey up hofnerite and welcome to our happy little corner of the web! :)

I'm glad you've decided to nurture that hankering after music that makes you restless. Part of making this forum was for me an exercise in bringing myself closer to music again after having drifted into spending my time worrying and working.

I was in an indie band once, and it left me indie-phobic! Seriously, I was traumatised :p  I love a good song though, even an indie one, it's just the endless wall of guitar that gets me down.

I look forward to hearing some of those 300 songs. :o I've been writing for about 18 years, and I've probably not even written 100 in that time.
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

british anarchy

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 10:04:16 PM »
welcome to the forum :-)
British anarchy,is her to stay
worse than world war 1 2 infinity

hofnerite

• Open Mic
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 10:37:42 PM »
Hey up hofnerite and welcome to our happy little corner of the web! :)

I'm glad you've decided to nurture that hankering after music that makes you restless. Part of making this forum was for me an exercise in bringing myself closer to music again after having drifted into spending my time worrying and working.

I was in an indie band once, and it left me indie-phobic! Seriously, I was traumatised :p  I love a good song though, even an indie one, it's just the endless wall of guitar that gets me down.

I look forward to hearing some of those 300 songs. :o I've been writing for about 18 years, and I've probably not even written 100 in that time.

Thanks and thanks for setting up this forum. I will do my best to spread the word!

I agree that the indie wall of sound is offputting and when I say indie, I actually prefer the lighter side of things, Noel Gallagher acoutics, Travis, SFA etc. There are some gems out there in Rialto, Sleeper etc that I am still finding!
And although I have writtem about 300 'songs', the majority end up in the bin or are half finished but with everyone, I learn a bit more so they are all worth the effort!

I am currently converting my shed into a more usable studio so I will do my best to get some songs up as soon as I can.

Hi to British Anarchy too :thumbs up:

jimbles

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 11:38:52 PM »
Welcome to the forum, hope to see you around a bit!

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 10:22:11 AM »
Welcome :)
Sounds interesting and will look forward to hearing some stuff.
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

Dutchbeat

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 06:32:54 PM »
Welcome Hofnerite!
great music taste!

looking forward to hear your music,

did you post a song in the song reviews section already?

hofnerite

• Open Mic
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 11:23:53 PM »
Not yet but I am on to it.  ;D