konalavadome

50/90

• 25 Replies

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« on: May 23, 2012, 11:33:24 AM »
thought id just mention this online songwriting challenge its a bit of a marathon ...the idea is you write 50 in 90 days over the summer
i know it sounds totaly crazy but its great fun actualy & more relaxed than FAWM where everyone goes bonkers trying to produce a album in 1 month....i just use it to get creative & come up with loads of ideas i dont take the 50 target to serious
if yuor like me your lazy & only write songs when you are pushed or encouraged so these sorts of events  are what i need & i get some great ideas down & i can do most of it in my head while i carry on everyday life.....which makes life much more interesting & fun
i meet /make loads of friends there & collabarate on stuff & chat on the forums its great
anyway it runs from july to end of september :)
http://fiftyninety.fawmers.org/
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 05:02:16 PM »
wimps!

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 05:43:03 PM »
TOTALLY!!!

I took a look and it scared me to death!!!

I did take it as inspiration though and plan to complete a few more songs over the next few weeks but this challenge is a step (or rather leap!) too far with everything else I have going on at the moment
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 07:15:21 PM »
ok i shall be of to 50/90 at the start of july
the forums there are open already & i can meet old friends & chat
i will still pop in here but not so regular....i think i managed 35 last year mostly collabs but im doing it for fun this year
anyway i will post the odd song here if its good
if anyone wants to try it themselves or see what im up to my page will be here
http://fiftyninety.fawmers.org/users/tinam

actually im tired & need a rest from this forum..... tired of selfish people who flood the forum with there own songs & particlerly tired of people who just want attention & dont give any back to anybody else
so im going on holiday...yes 50/90 is my hols
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:25:39 PM by tinam »

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 01:07:41 AM »
Sounds like a fun (if exhausting!) few months you have ahead missy!! All the best with it.

And don't get downhearted with this place, it's lovely overall. I like it here  ;D

Do at least check in with us regulars, and I am sure I speak for us all when I say we look forward to hearing your summer tunes  8) 8)

Jxxx
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 01:05:23 PM »
thankyou james
yes this forum is the best & i m going to  recomend  it on my 50/90 page...its just i need a change of scenery
it was after 50/90 last year that i arrived here.... i had realy enjoyed 50/90 & wanted to find somewere to carry it all on....& lots of people get very down when its all over & look for somewhere else so be prepared for an influx of battle hardened songwriters in october ;D

atitlan

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 05:13:37 PM »
I think I might give this a go.  Trying to create a new song every couple of days will stop me getting distracted by the sound creation toybox that is Reason and focused on the song writing process.  If I come up with anything decent I can go back and rework it later.

The fact that 50/90 allows for just the music or just the lyrics as well as a demo track containing both means I might actually manage to have a decent attempt at the number being aimed for.

The FAWM muse tools look quite handy for inspiration in a general way as well.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 07:53:41 PM »
hi atitlan
its great your considering 50/90
can i say it can be a extemeley lonely experience if you dont put in the time making friends there....you have to get into the forums & you absolutely must listen & comment on other peoples stuff so they will come to your page & listen to what your doing & you must get involved in collaberating with others
if you dont get involved there it doesnt work..so good luck :)

atitlan

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 09:09:34 PM »
Unless you are using a forum purely as an information source, getting involved is always more rewarding.  As far as collaborations go, writing lyrics for someone else's music I can do ...  I'll see how things work with my own stuff before diving into that.  Getting into the forums and commenting on other people's work won't be a problem.

I think it's a case of jump in and see what happens.   At the worst it'll mean I'll hear a lot of new tunes, learn a lot about other peoples approaches to writing and see what I come up with under 'pressure' to produce. 

Sounds like a fun challenge , succeed or fail!

friendlymountain

• Busker
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 01:34:58 PM »
Wow.. I'd love to be able to do something like this... unfortunatley I'm still working on my first ever song.. which will probabaly take more than 90 days in its self :0 Maybe next time :)

Good luck with it..

J

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 10:09:10 PM »
well i managed 7 lyrics in 7 days but my band broke up scuppering any chance of songs & my lyrics dont  seem to be recieived as lyrics so ive just about chucked in the towel
i dont recognise half the names on the reviews forum & tones rules seem to be ignored completeley now so ive just about had enuff of music sites

AKingsMercury

• Busker
  • AKingsMercury
    • AKingsMercury - Your Key to Music, Composition and Production
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 08:22:47 PM »
Pretty, pretty damn impossible. I think it is a great way to overcome perfection. Was a problem of mine too but I am getting better.

How much time do you want to spend on each song?
Hey, hey! I made a library of 210 open guitar chords!! Have a look:
http://akingsmercury.com/open-guitar-chords/

This post could be interesting for you guys: http://akingsmercury.com/helpful-websites-writing-lyrics/

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 10:43:21 PM »
no i dont take the number 50 seriosly!
its just a great creative environment to write songs ...i mean who wants to write 50 crap songs & then let the world hear how crap you are...
so i try for quality rather than quantity
anyway things have improved& im realy enjoying it again

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 12:14:52 AM »
ive got 16 lyrics done with a few collabs done & more im waiting on & have got some of my own songs nearly ready to upload but as my band broke up its been difficult ...people are now running out of ideas fast & some are just recording any old crap to get to 50 which i wont be doing & can you believe some people did 50 in the first week ...i never know how serious to take them!
anyway best wishes to all

tina
xx

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 01:08:02 AM »
Quality over quantity every time Tina!

Hope you are having fun with it  ;D  xx
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk