konalavadome

Dutchbeat Collaboration Project - Life Goes By

• 46 Replies

Dutchbeat

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 06:16:54 PM »
Hi Tina,

about the gay festival bombshell...i didn't tell anybody, except for you Tina

i was actually planning on not telling everybody....ever...

;D

but i think you and Ally can still sleep peaceful, i am pretty sure it was a guy

well pretty sure that is...  8) 8) 8)

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 06:27:00 PM »
but i think you and Ally can still sleep peaceful, i am pretty sure it was a guy
yes as long as you dont think we are sleeping together! :D

sorry about your gay secret! ;D
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Dutchbeat

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 07:16:57 PM »
haha, you really are the worst, Tina

you would be the last anyone should tell a secret to.....

now i just hope Mrs. Db won't be reading this thread

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2012, 01:52:06 PM »
 well i have just told ally that we are now on youtube running round drunk at a lezzy festival & she is not amused!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 02:03:23 PM by tinam »
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 07:01:01 PM »
I've recorded my bit, and emailed it to Dutchbeat!

Can't wait to hear how it sounds in the final mix :)

If you haven't already got involved in this project, just tell Dutchbeat you want to join in and he'll send you the backing track & lyric/ chord sheet.

:)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 02:52:29 PM »
Hey Guys. While I have yet to comment on this I have been following the project. It is a great idea. Very web 3.0 (or whatever number we are upto nowadays! :P). And it is awesome that so many of you are finding the time to add to it. (Unfortuantely work commitments are keeping me from my own music at the mo, let alone collaborating!)

My issue here is two fold; firstly I don't want to needlessly offend a bunch of forum members by picking at a work in progress. And secondly the original track isn't my kind of song, so I am not best place to review subjectively. So I have refrained from commenting till now :)

However, It is now starting to come together.   :D

I still struggle with the highpitched vocal as there is something off about the pitching or tone. But at least the lines that most jarred me from version 1.0 have been replaced. It is lovely hearing other voices and guitar playing all in one place. But right now the mix sounds disjointed. This may be fixed as it goes on.

If not, it may simply end up as a great experimental art piece, that is of great interest but doesn't quite gel as a song. This would still be cool! I am still hopeful that you guys can nail both though. Keep at it and keep having fun with it!!!  ;D ;D
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

spacedogg

• Open Mic
  • Ooo yes it's up there somewhere
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 10:11:43 PM »
Hi guys went through all the parts you've posted so far... this is such fun! Can't wait for the finished piece. P.s. Tina and Ally you guys are nutters (in the best possible way)! 

Florida Mike

• Open Mic
    • Michael Holmes Singer Songwriter Official Site
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 03:04:35 PM »
Wow, everyone is having a lot of creative fun with this project! Wish I could do video production! Keep having fun everyone!

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 04:13:17 PM »
Hey Guys. While I have yet to comment on this I have been following the project. It is a great idea. Very web 3.0 (or whatever number we are upto nowadays! :P). And it is awesome that so many of you are finding the time to add to it. (Unfortuantely work commitments are keeping me from my own music at the mo, let alone collaborating!)

My issue here is two fold; firstly I don't want to needlessly offend a bunch of forum members by picking at a work in progress. And secondly the original track isn't my kind of song, so I am not best place to review subjectively. So I have refrained from commenting till now :)

However, It is now starting to come together.   :D

I still struggle with the highpitched vocal as there is something off about the pitching or tone. But at least the lines that most jarred me from version 1.0 have been replaced. It is lovely hearing other voices and guitar playing all in one place. But right now the mix sounds disjointed. This may be fixed as it goes on.

If not, it may simply end up as a great experimental art piece, that is of great interest but doesn't quite gel as a song. This would still be cool! I am still hopeful that you guys can nail both though. Keep at it and keep having fun with it!!!  ;D ;D

You are listening to a work in progress, remember. When all parts are in, the song will be sent to get mixed....

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 04:48:05 PM »

You are listening to a work in progress, remember. When all parts are in, the song will be sent to get mixed....

Indeedy. I just wanted to be clear that I was following it keenly, I just was waiting for some more progress before chiming in  ;D. The different sounds are great. The challenge is of course making it then sound like on coherent piece. This is very difficult with a whole bunch of different sources recorded by different people. But challenges are fun and should be embraced  8)
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

Dutchbeat

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 06:24:33 PM »
yes, it is a challenge,
and it is possible...

but i didn't have much time lately, and other forum projects (lyricist and instrumentalist competition, and trying to make a song together with Soul Punk) took all of what i had

Tone's addition, which still needs to be added to this thread along with mixing up Tina's images, and some other images, does give the connection between the singers, I think

i mean, it gives that overall feel of a group of songwriters having fun togethe
singing, making music, being creative to chords and some lines

that is the idea! that does make sense, well, i hope it does

expect the new new update in two (or perhaps three, four... ::)) days

in this space  ;D

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2012, 08:43:09 AM »
Having the same lack time issues DB.  :-\

Took on too many projects whilst at the same time, a busy period at work and  trying to sell one house (Which in England is a overcomplicated pain in the bum.  ::)  )  whilst looking for another in a town 90 minutes drive away.

But have today off so....hopefully..... breakfast.... warm the voice up.... and a vocal part should be on its way before the day is over and if all goes to plan a bass-line too.  :D
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

Dutchbeat

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2012, 11:22:05 AM »
Hi Mihkay and Tone

your voices really start to blend in with the rest now, so expect an update of the song somewhere today or tommorow...

computer is still coping with the serious amounts of tracks, so still some room for more contributions....

Dutchbeat

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 06:12:03 PM »
new mix with Tone and Mihkay added
and some more volume on Boydie's guitar (Boydie, you rock!)
and more images and film (even the big Dutchbeat himself appearing in the video this time, and big can be taken litteraly)

nevertheless far from finished, and with various timing issues, but...

I hope you want to listen and comment, beautiful songwriters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mTKhZI0szI&feature=youtu.be

and...join in, in any way you want. Still room for more input, ideas and additions in whatever form

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 10:05:49 AM »
Wow, you really are getting *angry* with that guitar in the woods, Dutchbeat! I notice there was no violence whatsoever towards any keyboard/ computer instruments :p

It's shaping into a really nice track, great to hear all the layers with everyone's voices (& guitars) weaving in and out.

Come on, songwriters - get involved before it's too late!

And Dutchbeat, I don't envy you the task of mixing this one :D
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l