konalavadome

Trying something BIG sounding.....

• 44 Replies

stickboymusic

• Open Mic
« on: March 29, 2012, 12:46:02 PM »
Hello again

Thought i'd try something that isn't quite so acoustic

I'm not completely convinced that I've pulled it off.... I don't think I really have the voice for BIG sounding songs but I had fun having a go.

Thoughts?

http://picosong.com/wy8X/

Figure it out.

I'm not so sure about it
I can't rely upon it
It's how I work it out
It's how I work it out

It's in my bones and in my blood
It's under the ground where cavemen stood
I don't want to follow
I just want to lead you to my heart
So we can figure it out

I thought of the perfect ending
and thought how it all came tumbling
Its how i work it out
Its how i work it out

It's in my bones and in my blood
I don't want to follow
I just want to lead you to my heart
So we can figure it out

It just takes a little time
to make the pieces fit
It just takes a little time
to make them true
say it just takes a little time to make the pieces fit
for me and for you

It's in our bones and in our blood
We don't want to follow
We just want to lead you to my heart
So we can figure it out
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 12:48:57 PM by stickboymusic »

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 01:36:02 PM »
posting 6 songs in a week for review is a bit unfair ...it pushes everyone elses songs out & realy dominates the reviews page :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

stickboymusic

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 01:43:04 PM »
posting 6 songs in a week for review is a bit unfair ...it pushes everyone elses songs out & realy dominates the reviews page :)

Oh! I just write/record a lot!

I did read the rules before posting and didn't see anything about this

I've also posted over 20 comments on others work, is this also too much?

Sorry.  
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:44:40 PM by stickboymusic »

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 02:01:40 PM »
there is no rule it just sort of marks you out as selfish...you must decide for yourself if its the right way ....its a community we all want attention & anyone who dominates is not realy playing fair
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

cheff daniel

• Solo Gig
  • ...?
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 02:29:18 PM »
i totally agree with that.

domj

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 02:58:27 PM »
There is a way round that, just post the new songs in the same thread and make a new thread once or twice every week. That's what i'm going to do from now on... not that i'm anywhere near as prolific as Stickboy(slightly envious :) ).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 03:04:22 PM by domj »

stickboymusic

• Open Mic
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 03:06:35 PM »
There is a way round that, just post the new songs in the same thread and make a new thread once or twice every week. That's what i'm going to do from now on... not that i'm anywhere near as prolific as Stickboy(slightly envious :) ).

Ha i did that at first but tinam told me to put it in its own thread.... ahh well

Anyway.... any thoughts on the song... if we are going to keep pushing my topic to the top then it may as well be relevant!

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 03:54:26 PM »
Well I enjoyed it. I thought it was a very accomplished song. And this is still catchy and anthemic enough to
sit in today's popular charts I would think. I give it a big thumbs up  ;D

I would agree with Tinam about the posting though. It is best to post new songs in new threads rather than put them in an existing one.
And it is better to pace them. A lot of people here write a lot of songs. You are no different in that, but Tinam is right, although there are no written
rules about it, those who know these forums well give everyone a fair chance of having thier stuff heard and reviewed too. On the first page there are 4
of your songs and that's not leaving much room for other people. It's not against any rules but if you want to get along with people and be social and not
just self indulgent and selfish then you would take the word of a well established and respected member of the forums. It is percieved as selfish because
people who are regulars here (although they have many songs they could flood the forums with) know that when a song slips off page one, it tends to be forgotten.
If they are slipping off more quickly because you are posting so many, then that is hardly a social and fair way of looking at it is it?
I wish new people would show older and well thought of members of this forum a bit of respect.
Tinam has been here a lot longer than you. You can either LISTEN to and respect what she is saying and appreciate that she's been here a lot longer and so porbably knows
what she is talking about, be a little less selfish about it... Or you can argue with her about it and lose respect yourself and reviews.... Simples really :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 03:56:10 PM by Schavuitje »
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

stickboymusic

• Open Mic
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 04:11:25 PM »
Well I enjoyed it. I thought it was a very accomplished song. And this is still catchy and anthemic enough to
sit in today's popular charts I would think. I give it a big thumbs up  ;D

I would agree with Tinam about the posting though. It is best to post new songs in new threads rather than put them in an existing one.
And it is better to pace them. A lot of people here write a lot of songs. You are no different in that, but Tinam is right, although there are no written
rules about it, those who know these forums well give everyone a fair chance of having thier stuff heard and reviewed too. On the first page there are 4
of your songs and that's not leaving much room for other people. It's not against any rules but if you want to get along with people and be social and not
just self indulgent and selfish then you would take the word of a well established and respected member of the forums. It is percieved as selfish because
people who are regulars here (although they have many songs they could flood the forums with) know that when a song slips off page one, it tends to be forgotten.
If they are slipping off more quickly because you are posting so many, then that is hardly a social and fair way of looking at it is it?
I wish new people would show older and well thought of members of this forum a bit of respect.
Tinam has been here a lot longer than you. You can either LISTEN to and respect what she is saying and appreciate that she's been here a lot longer and so porbably knows
what she is talking about, be a little less selfish about it... Or you can argue with her about it and lose respect yourself and reviews.... Simples really :)

Yes that's fine - I have apologised

I will slow down

I think I have 4 on the first page as they have had replies.... im sure they will slip away into nothingness soon enough

:)

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 04:23:21 PM »
No problem. I've put the chainsaw back in the shed now  :D :D :D

No seriously though mate, what you'll find as well is that one post gets a lot more attention and usually more reviews. Which is only good :)

Personally I can go weeks without posting my next one but that's because it takes me so damn long to get the things ready to be heard hahaha

But even the ones who write very fast or have a huge back-catalogue (Like I suspect estreet has  :P) space them out. It's better for everyone and also better,

like I said for getting more in depth reviews and more reviews.

I can understand why you are eager though ;) It's a lovely thing to have people listen to your music and comment on it. It must be so tempting as a newcomer

to shove it all up haha.

Respect for not being an arse about it :)

And I like this song a lot b.t.w :)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

stickboymusic

• Open Mic
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 04:29:16 PM »
I'm only posting things i have recorded in the last week or so

now if i started on the back catalog........i could fill the whole board

muhahaha

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 04:30:42 PM »
need to sort of keep them in a file...so they can be viewed at leisure

BTW schavuitje...i find your posts a bit hard to read..there sort of long and you chop them mid-sentence to make a new line or paragraph !

stickboymusic

• Open Mic
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 04:36:19 PM »
need to sort of keep them in a file...so they can be viewed at leisure

BTW schavuitje...i find your posts a bit hard to read..there sort of long and you chop them mid-sentence to make a new line or paragraph !

I should have left the song off and called this the "vent your frustrations" thread!  ;)

my stuff is here if you want to wade through

www.soundcloud.com/stickboy

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 06:40:38 PM »
That's because when on these boards, I type as I speak. I don't pay too much attention to sentence structure
or grammar because we are not on an English language review site.
And because I don't really give a shit as long as my meaning gets across.
When I write stories I take very much care about what I wirte and which words I use and how I structure them to paint the pictures
I want to paint. But thanks for the lesson  ;)
If that's too difficult for you to follow, I'll try harder in future to chop them a bit more.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 06:42:29 PM by Schavuitje »

domj

• Open Mic
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 08:00:26 PM »
Finally i've got time to listen to music... work gets in the way  >:(

Hope you don't mind if i'm honest Stickboy.
Now i'm an old git so i'm by no means your target audience, but i've heard this formula before quite a few times. You do it really well, i especially love the doubling on the vocals in the chorus and the break and the harmonies. It's all very slick, at least to me who is somewhat lacking in musical understanding and ability. I will admit i'm envious on your ability to produce so much quality music in so little time.
But when i hear an obvious talent i do wish they try more to bend outside the mainstream, it seems like throwing caviar at cod roe to me. But that's me, like i said.
I know there is a bit of conflict at the moment here and i don't want to get brought into that(at least until i get to the bottom of this bottle.)... but i'd love to hear you get a bit more experimental... tamper with convention more?
It is a good song well recorded and performed.