Short song entry - Machines

• 19 Replies

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 01:08:00 AM »
Came in for another listen mate :0

Phew... I was worried there. A Kafla song that i didn't like! I didn't think it was possible... and it turns out it isn't haha
Don't know what I heard the first time but this 2nd time I think I must have payed more attention  :D
It was only on this 2nd listen that I actually paid attention to the lyrics I think and that made a hell of a difference.
Very well written and beautiful song mate... phew  :P
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

Kafla

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 05:28:19 PM »
Thaks for all you kind words and time Dom and Jim  :D

And Lee don't worry my freind if you don't like my songs - you are a top guy and I respect your opinion regardless  ;)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 05:39:46 PM by Kafla »

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 05:53:31 AM »
Lovely melody. For a 1:30min song it's a bit frustrating that it doesnt really get going till about 50 seconds in. The ending is a bit abrupt as though it is a longer song cutoff. Thought the lyrics were pretty awesome.
It just doesnt quite have that feeling of a song in it's own right...dont know what I would've done to change that....maybe turn it into a longer one? :P

Sellon

• Open Mic
  • Disregard Everything I Say...
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 12:24:48 AM »
would have been better as a full song, honestly though at the start I was like wtf, how is this gonna work, but it did, and it worked well...but just not the last part where it changes
but wow, its different, like those interludes in an album, maybe you should make an actual album...might turn out good, I think it'd have a lot of variation, which will make it really special.
What if we both just smiled at once?

nochancemilly

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 11:54:46 AM »
Hi

I liked this.  Very interesting lyrical theme and nice synth arrangement.

Although the ending is a bit sudden, it fits with the theme of the song giving it finality.

Good stuff!