short song competition entry - Fill your Boots with Rock

• 18 Replies

misswhiterabbit

• Open Mic
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 11:51:23 AM »
me too!! Sorry Tinam  :-[ !

Great entry, clever lyrics, wasn't sure about the hearing aid line, but the others worked for me, and actually after a second listen I'm happier with it. Fill your boots with rock is an awesome line and I love the lyrical build up to it. Layering is a nice touch, I think some of us suggested this to you a few months ago, it's cool you gave it a go. Guitar sound is really well recorded! Great sound, I had no issues with the mix. Everything came through.

This is going to be a tricky competition to vote for! I'm quite glad I'm not involved in this one!

xx

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 02:09:51 PM »
many thanks everyone for listening & the comments youve left
we never spend much time on the vocals so yes this was us trying to do a little more with them :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

dankepig

• Busker
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 02:46:59 PM »
Hey Tinam :)
I really enjoyed listening to this!! Its very catchy, when it first started i wasn't sure but then came that first chorus and i loved it! i am a big fan of vocal harmonies and layering, and you've done some really interesting (and brilliant) things with them. For a start im gonna be singing "Rock, Rock, Rock, Rock.." all day! Probably for years infact! All of the vocal layers are clear and concise, and interweave perfectly throughout. which is tough (mine usually end up a mess lol) ..and a genius title for a song!

on my 3rd listen and no real negatives to say about it at all.. its catchy, fun and rockin' little song! If i had to be negative i could only really say that i didnt enjoy the verses as much as the chorus.. But thats just because the chorus is so damn good :)

Well done!!

Arturo Boyero

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 07:24:13 PM »
this is not "another fun song", this is kick ass! Though I like more your other entry, still, you are a kickass gal! Nice work!
Now the light is dimming, but we're glowing from within. We are shiny.