konalavadome

the pace of this forum!

• 95 Replies

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 05:35:35 PM »
I like this forum , some real genuine people on here, I do review peoples stuff but feel awkward about it , I have no real technical musical knowledge , which is probably why my songs are a bit wiered and without much in the way of traditional structuring. So Im scared I may sound like I'm talking out my arse ;D
But I know what I like and won't say I like something for the sake of it. So apologies if my reviews aren't very helpfull. I will get better at it  :-\
I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

Songsmith

• Solo Gig
  • If you can feel, you can write!!
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2012, 05:46:01 PM »
I like this forum , some real genuine people on here, I do review peoples stuff but feel awkward about it , I have no real technical musical knowledge , which is probably why my songs are a bit wiered and without much in the way of traditional structuring. So Im scared I may sound like I'm talking out my arse ;D
But I know what I like and won't say I like something for the sake of it. So apologies if my reviews aren't very helpfull. I will get better at it  :-\

Hi Andy,
            you're in good company then cos we all talk out of our arses really & those who think they don't take life too seriously!!!! Just say what you think & feel, anything else is worthless, there is NO right way to review a song, only you can express how you feel so stop feeling awkward a.s.a.p & go for it!!!! :) :) :) :)

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2012, 08:44:02 PM »
Here here.. I say the ame thing to everyone who feels like that Andy, that it doesn't matter at all
whether you think that your review is good or bad. No need for everyone to be all technical. Some of the best reviews
are the one's where someone says what they think about it. How it makes them feel or whether it made you want to move
or whether you just enjoyed it.
That's much better than nothing mate :)

And DB!!! Is that a forum first??? First to hit 1000? I think there should be some kind of honour :)
And your idea of a kind of "Do they know it's Christmas" song with loads of people joining in is ace!
If that gets going i'd certainly participate however you would want me to :)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

Songsmith

• Solo Gig
  • If you can feel, you can write!!
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2012, 10:42:12 PM »
A tremendous achievement DB, Congratulations mate!!!!,I would like to nominate you for the "Bumps" but I would not be able to participate as I can't count any higher than 167.  :) :) :) :) :)

Dutchbeat

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2012, 05:33:56 PM »
shameless quote of myself...
so far Schavuitje has volunteered to sing a track for my dreamchoir of forumites... :'( thank you Schavuitje, you and i will make a great choir....i appreciate it, oude zeeschuimer

well, about potential presents as i hit a 1000 posts  ;D ;D...as you know i like to mix my songs with too many vocal tracks, the more i have of those the happier iget, and i was hoping that one day we could do sort of "do they know it is christmas time" track where all the songwriters that can sing a bit to very well would deliver one vocal track (in wav or mp3 format) on a song from one of uson the forum, and that i get to mix that.... ::) and add some synth sounds and samples...and make something weird of it with a choir of forumites

just a dream i have...but reaching a 1000 posts i thought this might be a good time to bring this idea up

my mixes must be really extremely bad...and now i also see Tone reduced my status from World Domination to Busker again....aahhhhhhhh
and nobody wants to nominate bad eurovision songs, while there are plenty out there :'(
Cyber live can be hard, perhaps i should  try to get a real life :-[

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 05:53:50 PM »
Haha

Don't worry Schav, it's not personal. Everyone's been re-classified as busker as I very nearly lost this forum over the weekend after it was hacked :(

It's secure and stable for now, but I'm putting more energy into moving to a more user-friendly platform again. Watch this space for more developments.
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 06:24:45 PM »
I didn't notice I was a busker again haha it was DB  :D :D
Busking's cool :)
I did notice that the site went down a couple of times. What happened? Hacking... How and why would you hack a forum?
You obviously managed to sort it out :)
Keep up that good work mate, you have a real gem here :)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 06:38:47 PM »
dutchbeat you make me want to give you a cuddle
the chatroom ...the forum choir... the eurovision contest...all not getting the attention you hoped for
we do love  you realy you know :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 11:01:47 PM »
I voted on the eurovision thing mate so I'm with you :)
I'm also more than willing to join in your projects too :)
I'll give you a big hug too je grote vogelbekdierhoofd  ;D

Dutchbeat

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2012, 08:13:09 PM »
Thanks Schavuitje! (rare kwibus), for donating your vocal chords for this forum choir project. Mr. Chainsaw send me an e-mail is also prepared to join!

All i am asking to sing one track in one take to a song that i will send to you, i really hope others will join, everybody can join...i want a pack of singers and vocal ideas, spoken word or just a shout may do it

Tinam?
Kafla? (well you are in because i am saying so)

other volunteers  ;D please...(DB begging again). I promise to pull the plug on my eurovision songcontest in return, ok?

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2012, 09:55:33 PM »
Must have missed this one in the rush. But my vocal chords at at your command DB.  ;)
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2012, 09:16:45 AM »
Hey DB,

I was in the school choir once!!!  ;D I'll help xxx

Dutchbeat

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2012, 09:16:18 AM »
Thanks Flossie and Mihkay,

now we are getting somewhere, volunteers prepared to deliver one vocal track for a joint forum song now are:

Schavuitje
Mr Chainsaw
Kafla
Flossie
Mihkay
Mrs. DB
others?

I hope others will join the project too, but with you all i think we can make a great song and sound. When i have a proposal for a song i will PM that to you. Thanks!!!!!

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2012, 09:45:11 AM »
count me in dutchbeat!
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

estreet

• Solo Gig
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2012, 10:23:08 AM »
Of course - no problem mate!
Youth & enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery.