the pace of this forum!

• 95 Replies

Kafla

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 08:59:52 AM »
I can't keep up either ;)

It stresses me a little but I can only spend so much time on here

It's sad that I have these rules but I never review anyone that doesn't review me - then when someone gets established on the forum - probably estreet and James nighthawk are the latest fully fledged members ( hope that makes sense) - I review all their work regardless if they comment on me or not

In the end , like life, you only really get out if this forum what you put into it :)

I have deliberately not bumped my last 2 songs up as well as I don't feel I have the time to review everyone else's work just now with tax year end pressures in my business

I am not ignoring all you lovely people though I can assure you ;D

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 09:11:30 AM »
In the end , like life, you only really get out if this forum what you put into it :)
Might have to put this in my signature. Nail on the head Kafla, you're a legend :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 01:02:57 PM »

Long term and known members from the past who only turn up these days for a review of thier own stuff, (and there is one well known member
in particular that I am thinking of) I don't review. I won't mention the name but he's lost my attention. Especially because every time
he does pop his head back in, he makes it sound as if we should feel honoured that we can hear and review his stuff. Selfish and arrogant.

And I'm finding that some people are becoming elitist w*nkers with their treatment of newbies trying to promote and the like

Perhaps, Schav, you should message this person and check their recent posts, there's always pleasant surprises about.
Defective Elector

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 01:58:34 PM »
I don't appreciate the comment about elitist W*nk*rs right after you quote me.
First of all if you had said that to my face you'd be out cold.
Secondly you should better read what I wrote and take the "whole" of it into context.

I also said that I always review newcomers whether they have reviewed themselves or not!
I will do this for two...three songs maybe and if nothing ever comes back from that person I stop giving.
You can't just take you have to give to...  but I always review new people anyway and give them a chance to settle in
and start reviewing themselves.
It is my time I am giving and I can choose to spend it however I see fit. If that's ok with you dickhead!

And if you look at how many people I reveiw EVERY DAY then you wouldn't say what you said.
I give a lot of my time because I enjoy it.

In the long time I have been a member of these forums I have posted 8 songs. 8 in total.
So I certainly don't flood the forums with my own stuff and yet I am still here every day reviewing and trying to
help and encourage people.

Some people take the piss though and if you spend enough time on here you see it quite clearly. You don't need a super
I.Q. to read what many people do.
Because I spend so much time on here I HAVE to make choices. And even though I usually review MOST songs that appear on here,
there are some people who just take the piss.
If you have a problem with me deciding to not review those people I think take the piss, when there are a lot of forum supporters
to review and a lot of new people, then tough shit.
That's the way I do it.

I DO review the newcomers you are so worried about and I do spend my time welcoming them too in the introduction section.
I only stop reveiwing people if they don't give anything in return.
And I don't give a flying f*ck whether you like it or not.

Try concentrating and reading a whole post if possible before you start tearing it apart. Or you might look stupid...again.

Try looking at all the songs on page 1,2,3,4 and see how many there are that I didn't support or review... Hardly any!

How many do you review? Try keeping up beofre you start trying to tell me how I should approach reviewing people on these forums.

It's just a good job you are behind a computer screen after that f*ckw*t!
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 04:35:03 PM »
I think..peeps are getting a bit to wrapped up in this reviewing issue!
It`s not mandatory ,if a listener says your songs are great or junk....is their opinion valid..?

I have 3 sets of song lyrics in that particular section...and about 3 comments and 3 replies from myself....it won`t stop me putting some new stuff up or reading others.

( i had said that Corsair should not have said what he did, but deleted it, just in case i read it all wrong,seems some have more knowledge about things than myself}
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 07:40:03 PM by songsthatcry »

Songsmith

• Solo Gig
  • If you can feel, you can write!!
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 07:00:18 PM »
I also agree with songsthatcry about you being wrong Corsair & from the correspondence I have received from you before , I would now like to add to the onslaught by double drop kicking you in the bollocks with gusto, dusting myself off & departing with the word prick over my shoulder & that is me in a good mood old boy!!!!!

Dutchbeat

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 08:11:39 PM »
sorry to disturb you

is it time to call on Cathy?

(yes, DB will tell on you  ::))

in her role as moderater, or what it is called...

does shé really need to come all the way down

from Ipanema?

no need for that, is there?

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 09:29:23 PM »
By all means disagree with one another - this is an open forum, and I don't agree with censorship. But I think Dutchbeat is right. There's no need to get carried away.

I refer to my earlier comment (stolen from Kafla) - you get back what you put into this forum. Personal attacks only make you look bad in the end.
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

chrislong170273

• Open Mic
    • Chris Long: Composer
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 09:44:24 PM »
 :-\ Hmmmm,
I havnt been on for months, busy with other projects and sonwriting just not at the front of my mind.
Buuuttt, honestly, I think this is getting out of hand. We all have different opinions, different tastes, different interests. We contribute to different message boards...
Some are happy to review everything, others aren't, some have more time, others don't. Those who post and run, then don't review them!
Why get so worked up? Just chill, review what and who you want...kind of creates a bad atmosphere this policing reviews, like u feel guilty putting a song up

Chris
www.chrislong.me.uk
@ChrisLongCOMP

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 10:16:21 PM »
well i tend to think this argument is like if you dont own property yourself you dont care about other peoples property...get a house & a mortgage & you start to respect the order of things & suddenly want to protect what you got
so the more people get involved here the more protective & conservative they feel about this forum
young people like corsair are full of energy & ideals but do not own anyhting so they have no use for rules & conservative thinking

i still dont think theres any excuse for posting a song for review & ignoring other peoples.....quite honsestly if youve got time to post a song & keep coming back here to lap up the comments & leave replies on your own song then youve got time to give something back by reviewing someone else s work!!
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 10:41:14 PM »
Wow. This is the first time I have witnessed arguing on this forum. I thought this site was too good to be true! Alas, some Internet normality hehehe

Great comparison Tinam  :) real artists understand the blood and sweat that goes into making art. And as such are considerate towards others attempts.

It doesn't take long to learn the names of those on here kind enough to share their time, and respond in kind. The system will work without too much interference methinks

8)
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

chrislong170273

• Open Mic
    • Chris Long: Composer
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 10:49:03 PM »
Good. Job I do then eh tinam? :-)
www.chrislong.me.uk
@ChrisLongCOMP

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 11:01:30 PM »
Schav, I posted that after quoting you to give my own complaint some context. I'm sorry, I realise that it was extensively easy to misinterpret and that's entirely my fault. I'm not calling you a wanker, schav, I respect you and your work even though when we've crossed paths it's often been in conflict.

The second point was legitimately a suggestion. I spaced it well apart to remove it from the previous statement in that post. Again, my wording was poor and all I can do is thoroughly apologise for that. I am sorry, I'm very sorry that I've caused strife and I seem to have done a fair portion of that lately. I have excuses to pull out but I won't try and use them because this forum is not the rest of my life and it's unfair I let the effects of the day leak out onto here.

I do believe you should talk to the person Schav. If it annoys you enough to make that initial post that was so strongly worded then it's by far best that you sort it with them in private before it boils over and starts to create rifts in the forum.

I wasn't intending any ill by any of those statements and their misinterpretation was entirely my fault. I'm sorry, I really am.
Defective Elector

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 02:20:30 AM »
Just a little explanation for my outburst. Although first I'd like to say that your appology is accepted Corsair. Life's too short :)

I'm sharing this because I consider some of the people on this forum to be friends.

The incredibly short version is that my adult life living with agoraphobia and social phobia is the result of amongst other things
unthinkably bad bullying by my peers and others.
My life was altered on it's course by bullies. Bullies who did much more unthinkable things than call names, although that happened too.
The thing is I have grown since then. I am now 6'5" and not bullied anymore. People don't call me names because I really, really don't like it.
People have differences of opinion and that's cool. Being assertive about your point... Great. Even saying what things pee you off... brilliant.
I thought your argument for the lyrics forum to be merged with the review sectio was persuasive and in the end I think I wrote that now I was 50/50
and couldn't decide, which was not how I went into that discussion.
I'm all for debate and people airing their views or having a rant about unproper behaviour or I should say percieved improper behaviour. People have strong opinions
and that's all cool.
And thanks again for being big enough to appologise :)

I would like to appologise to the rest of you for my language. I saw red for reasons explained and I'm sorry.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 02:24:10 AM by Schavuitje »
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

Dutchbeat

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2012, 03:40:57 PM »
fellow-forumers,

I just realised, just one more post from me, and i reach 1000 posts....this is number 999
and my status is already that of: "world domination"  ;D

why do i bring this up here? why am i spamming you with this completely irrelevant fact...?
must have been all the talk about the number of posts etc (but don't get me wrong i do take everybody's opnions and feelings serious)

i am bringing this up for no real reason, but i hope we are all doing ok (and thanks for explaining, Schavuitje) and that we will make some great songs separately and together in the future!

well, about potential presents as i hit a 1000 posts  ;D ;D...as you know i like to mix my songs with too many vocal tracks, the more i have of those the happier iget, and i was hoping that one day we could do sort of "do they know it is christmas time" track where all the songwriters that can sing a bit to very well would deliver one vocal track (in wav or mp3 format) on a song from one of uson the forum, and that i get to mix that.... ::) and add some synth sounds and samples...and make something weird of it with a choir of forumites

just a dream i have...but reaching a 1000 posts i thought this might be a good time to bring this idea up