9 songs written and recorded :) FREE album!

• 36 Replies

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2012, 09:52:31 AM »
I have the same thoughts schav

Let's not let this leave lasting wounds
Defective Elector

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2012, 11:04:35 AM »
This has turned into a right interesting debate :D
I'm kind of lining up alongside Schav here. The main problem with posting something like this in the Reviews section, aside from not being involved in the community or whatever, is that the guy clearly isn't actually looking for a review.
The album is done, dusted and being giving away. The time for reviewing and improving is over: The review section is not a magazine that readers turn to to find good music, it's about helping each other improve their writing.

The guy was clearly just looking to get some attention and some fans; spending our time reviewing it is kind of pointless.

@Corsair, how can you compare giving away the wonderful and beguiling entity that is Coca Cola to giving away songs no-one has heard of?  ;D The difference is in demand....
There will always be an overlap between gaining exposure and just joining in on the forum. If none of us wanted people to hear/enjoy our music we wouldnt post it :D. PS I thought you were about 15? :P
But if someones intention on the forum is only 'business', then just like any marketing guru would advise, you should still take the time to know the medium you are exploiting and the people you are targeting.....

@James. I dont if a 'cherished' member would've been embraced by posting an album here; perhaps treated a little less harshly.  :D
I reckon if I'd posted my EP here and not the bar, even if no-one said anything it probably wouldnt have generated any replies/attention at all. It's just the wrong place :P

And back to the 'business' side of things...there are other ways to generate interest on a forum without 'hijacking' things or whatever. We can all put avatars & signatures on our profiles :D Then you just get involved in the forum and it might generate a few clicks :D

This thread got kind of cool!

jasonwick

• Busker
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2012, 11:55:09 AM »
hmmm I'm exhausted...

Just to clear a few things up and possibly put an end to this thread.
Firstly I apologise. Secondly as i said I'm not that au fait with forums in general and was unaware that 'The Bar' would be a good place to post the album. I naturally assumed this section was the best place.
Thirdly yes I hold my hands up, yes I was looking for a little exposure, sure I was. But i was also looking for reviews and opinions too, on the song writing and also as I recorded the album myself, on technique.

I don't agree that posting an album of songs on this forum whilst not being a heavy user is anything like walking in the door of someones house and kicking them in the cabbages, perhaps its a little more like popping a leaflet for double glazing through your letterbox...feel free to throw it out... or better recycle it :)

But that said.... Lesson learnt...regular users obviously do not like strangers dropping in posting something of their own and then popping out again. As i said lesson learnt.. sorry
 :-*

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2012, 11:15:02 PM »
I think it was a case of someone who did that was going to get it one day. It is something that has been debated before  ;)

I think "you" were just the unlucky one and "I" was in a bad mood feeling not just a little stressed at the time.

Maybe... Just maybe... it could be concievable...that I could have maybe made my point in a smidge more tactful and gentle way  :P

We are both still alive. Live to fight another day  ;)

Peace
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2012, 11:26:44 PM »
i know ive missed most of this ....& its a subject i have well got on my high horse about before ... but how many times does the guy have to apologise.....thats the difference here surely
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2012, 11:53:10 PM »
10th time's a charm.........   ;D

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2012, 01:14:53 AM »
If you read through the topic Tinam you'll see I made an apology a while ago and

not just that but my last post is also in it's way an appology. And I wish for peace at the end.

Also if you read it all it is not always in reply to what Jason writes. A lot of it is in reply to other people who joined in with the argument/debate.

But nice one for raking it up again  ;)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.