konalavadome

9 songs written and recorded :) FREE album!

• 36 Replies

jasonwick

• Busker
« on: March 04, 2012, 12:48:11 PM »
Well I/we have finished writing and recording a full album.. we recorded the album completely at home using very limited equipment and space.
Me and a friend wrote the songs together and 2 other musicians helped us record. We have now formed a band to play the album live.. The album is a mix of rock, blues country and alternative.

Because we recorded the album ourselves at a very low cost we are making the album available for FREE download..
So if you want a copy you can get it at www.littleredkings.co.uk

Thank you  ;D

JackHalkabar

• Busker
    • Jack Halkabar Official Website
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 01:13:53 PM »
these song are really good, the biggest issue with home recording is usually the sound quality but this album is professional... Breaking Beautiful is my favourite song from the album..

Sjoerd_H

• Busker
    • Soundcloud profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 03:33:37 PM »
Really nice songs man!
Downloaded the album and it's playing in the background atm.

estreet

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 03:51:59 PM »
Now if I were cynical I might say that these three people joined this forum to promote this album ...
Youth & enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery.

jim morrison

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 05:22:17 PM »
You've acquired a new fan, real top recordings, i rekon you'd do a mean audio slave cover Jason
I think your doing the right thing offering a free album ,music's changed and i think thats the best way to get a foot in the door nowadays. Good luck with it!
Learner guitarist

Sjoerd_H

• Busker
    • Soundcloud profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 08:33:28 PM »
Really nice songs man!
Downloaded the album and it's playing in the background atm.

At least I'm a guy who comes here more often but been offline for a while...

jasonwick

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 10:08:28 PM »
Now if I were cynical I might say that these three people joined this forum to promote this album ...
You may be cynical ;)  but these 4 guys didn't sign up to promote, Ive been coming on here and posting the odd bit for a while. :)  sometimes Ill just come on here to listen to what people are up to.
Thanks eyeryone for the input.. even thouhh it is free and the best part of a years work!! getting people to download it is sooo difficult. I dont blame people even friends for not downloading its hard to care about something you have no connection with..but heres hoping it will spread even if we never make a penny.!   The only time I ever made money from  music was when i joined a tribute band for a year, then it was very easy to make a lot of money! shame isnt it.

Thanks again

Songsmith

• Solo Gig
  • If you can feel, you can write!!
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 10:44:30 PM »
I'd go along with estreet & call your bluff!!!!! Give & take old chap. Also I think it is protocol to post one song at a time if that's not too much of a blow to your ego. >:(

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 11:43:41 PM »
poew! That ricochet just missed my favourite eye!  :P

Oh bugger... haven't listened yet... doh!
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

estreet

• Solo Gig
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 12:53:02 AM »
You may be cynical ;)  but these 4 guys didn't sign up to promote, Ive been coming on here and posting the odd bit for a while. :)  sometimes Ill just come on here to listen to what people are up to.
Thanks eyeryone for the input.. even thouhh it is free and the best part of a years work!! getting people to download it is sooo difficult. I dont blame people even friends for not downloading its hard to care about something you have no connection with..but heres hoping it will spread even if we never make a penny.!   The only time I ever made money from  music was when i joined a tribute band for a year, then it was very easy to make a lot of money! shame isnt it.

Thanks again

Yes you've been coming here a while Jason. In that time you've made 25 postings, 20 of which are about yourself. Of the remaining 5, only two could be called (very short) reviews in the sense that they suggest you paid any attention to the song in question, and one spends more words quizzing the writer about how he got so many Youtube hits than it does on the posting.

Of the other two guys (my comment did not include Jim Morrison) Yours was the only posting one of them had commented on and the other has made 15 postings - 10 of which are about himself; One praising your album and four very short comments on other peoples stuff.

Every book or website that offers advice about promoting music on the internet suggests joining forums, getting mates to do it and trying to spark discussions about your stuff. Maybe you can see my reasons for being possibly cynical (and that's all I said - I accused you of nothing) because even if that's completely wide of the mark, you aren't really entering into the spirit of what the forum is supposed to be about.

Once again I exclude Jim Morrison from any of those remarks - his posting appeared while I was typing and I know he has contributed well to the forum.

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 01:09:50 AM »
And me! Can I be excused as well? Can I? Can I?   :P

Naughty not-joiner-innerers.

Shame on you!  :o
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

estreet

• Solo Gig
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 02:01:49 AM »
You need no excusing Schav  :) :)

jasonwick

• Busker
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 11:25:00 AM »
looks like Ive had a thorough investigation!!  You found me out ..I admit it... I'm a self obsessed sycophant...I need up to 20 compliments a week or I tend to self harm.  ;)

No bother guys, no harm intended.
No underlying plan to my posts either.

Have yourselves a good day  ;D

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 03:36:52 PM »
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits!  ;D

estreet

• Solo Gig
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 03:47:10 PM »
looks like Ive had a thorough investigation!!  You found me out ..I admit it... I'm a self obsessed sycophant...I need up to 20 compliments a week or I tend to self harm.  ;)

No bother guys, no harm intended.
No underlying plan to my posts either.

Have yourselves a good day  ;D

No investigation required Jason - clicking your name on the left (<<<) shows all your posts.
I don't mind if you promote your music here - we all know it's hard enough. I'm sure you'll get your compliments if you play the game and give something back instead of only self-promoting.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:29:18 PM by estreet »