konalavadome

Too Far

• 19 Replies

pmarino

• Open Mic
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 02:57:15 PM »
Thanks Dutchbeat and mihkay.

mihkay: I didn't think my backing vocals sounded that bad!! ;)
The mix is still something I'm trying to get right. This was done in GarageBand, but I recently purchased Logic Pro. I have some learning to do.

cheff daniel

• Solo Gig
  • ...?
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 04:16:07 PM »
i don't like your new mix that much i'm sorry. i miss a lot of warmth in the guitar and in the voyce to. and to my taste there's way to much compression on the guitar. e.q. or may be try to mike it closer the next time for a more deep and warm effect without loosing that crisp.

gr.   Dan

pmarino

• Open Mic
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 04:20:42 PM »
The guitar wasn't recorded with the mic. It was plugged into GarageBand via an Apogee One Preamp.

Kafla

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 10:08:14 PM »
This is just not working as well as it could for me just now Philip,

Think the song is too slow and could do with the tempo being upped and this adds to my frustration when there are two verses before that very good chorus

Just my opinion mate but I would like you to think more about your structures , get to the good bits quicker and think more about how you can streamline a song - does it need all these verses ?

This advice is well meant my friend  ;)

The backing vocals although not perfectly executed add value to your arrangements

I notice you have purchased Logic - its amazing - if you have any questions please feel free to PM me although I am still learning myself  :D
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:16:31 PM by Kafla »

pmarino

• Open Mic
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 10:34:57 AM »
Thanks to all who have commented on this song. It's been a bouncy ride! :)

Some saying it's the best I've posted, or that they could listen to it all night long, others saying it's not for them. Oh well, can't please them all.

As a last shot at the sound of the song, I imported the original GarageBand project into Logic Pro and reworked it a bit, trying to take away some of the compression on the guitar, and giving the mix some more 'bottom end'. The new version is at the original link in the first post. No need to listen again, but I thought I'd keep the record straight. :)

As it is, this is a demo, not meant to be the final production version, so I am reasonably happy with it. Once I get some people to join me, I'll get to a real studio with experts to see what they can do for me. ;)

Thanks again for ALL the comments.