Engelbert Humperdinck for Eurovision.

• 12 Replies

Cameron Fielding

• Busker
« on: March 02, 2012, 10:07:39 PM »
Yesterday I thought I was going to see pink elephants flying past my windows, then I read that this old crooner, now 75yo, has been selected to represent the UK at this year's Eurovision.

Now, whatever your views about what is predominately a political show over musical, I gotta say, they....... they....... have got to be kidding!!   ;D

Ok, so we're in the habit these recent times of getting "nul pointes" whatever we put out there, but either the BBC has come up with  -

1) a really crafty way of grabbing attention to the UK's entry, or

2) they like the French, have decided to take the p*ss, or

3) Auntie really has lost the plot.

What do you reckon folks?

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 10:10:03 PM »
All I care about is it reminded me of this classic Eddie Izzard!

www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

Cameron Fielding

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 10:16:38 PM »
Brilliant.  ;D

Maybe he was the only person who stuck their hand up (misunderstood the question) when the circulars went round asking "Ok, Who's going to be totally humiliated this year for the UK on Eurovision?".
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:20:40 PM by Cameron Fielding »

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 10:36:48 PM »
This nation is insane and that's all I have to say about that  ;)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

Songsmith

• Solo Gig
  • If you can feel, you can write!!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 10:26:37 AM »
For God's sake guys, relax,

It is all a huge mistake, the press release was supposed to be " Engelbert Humperdinck for euthanasia" but they couldn't spell it !!!!!! they got the first two letters right though!!

Dutchbeat

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 11:51:42 AM »
hahaha, songsmith

i thought he already past the point of euthenasia

but perhaps it is some comfort to you Guys, the Netherlands is sending a woman who is wearing feathers in hr hair (like an indian) and calls herself Indiana Jane...

could not bring myself to listening to the song yet, perhaps i will do that today...Cheff Dan did you hear it yet? Perhaps you have some Indian blood in your vains

btw, i wish we could send Cheff Dan next year, his music will stick out between all these dancing, greasy and glittering boys and girls. That will cheer the competition up

btw, how about a sort of voting competition about what (and why) clearly is the worst entry for the eurovision songcompetition this year....anybody in for that? I am sure the competition for zero points will be though at the bottom of this contest

Songsmith

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 01:10:22 PM »
hahaha, songsmith

but perhaps it is some comfort to you Guys, the Netherlands is sending a woman who is wearing feathers in hr hair (like an indian) and calls herself Indiana Jane...

could not bring myself to listening to the song yet, perhaps i will do that today...Cheff Dan did you hear it yet? Perhaps you have some Indian blood in your vains

btw, i wish we could send Cheff Dan next year, his music will stick out between all these dancing, greasy and glittering boys and girls. That will cheer the competition up

btw, how about a sort of voting competition about what (and why) clearly is the worst entry for the eurovision songcompetition this year....anybody in for that? I am sure the competition for zero points will be though at the bottom of this contest

Lol, I can't wait to see her then!!! & Dan would be a great choice, he'd get my vote anyday.

Also great idea about having a fun vote thing with reasons why etc etc

cheff daniel

• Solo Gig
  • ...?
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 01:30:55 PM »
hahaha, songsmith

please no dutchbeat, do you wanna kill me? i've heared the song of indiana (she,s a kind of cher clone) and it is nice for the carnaval perhaps.

gr.   Dan

cheff daniel

• Solo Gig
  • ...?
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »
could not find the old man, but here is our dutch pride ;D

&feature=related

gr.   Dan

Songsmith

• Solo Gig
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 01:53:09 PM »
That's hilarious, reminds me of 'Joan of Arc' being burnt at the stake!!

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 02:08:26 PM »
I think it's brilliant.
For the past few years we've entered the flower of British youth culture. Mostly consisting of tuneless twenty something dancing about to an out of date noise. The only people that bought into that was grannies buying the single for their 10 year old granddaughters.
Nobody liked it. Not the youth, not the oldies like me and certainly not anyone in Europe, not because it was British, but because it was shite!

So this way at least in UK the Radio 2 listening public might get a song they like and the rest of Europe will see a British entry performed by someone who thinks that being in tune is more important than being able to clap along with flashing lights.

Go on Engelbert... ;)
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

pmarino

• Open Mic
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 04:25:05 PM »
This nation is insane and that's all I have to say about that  ;)

+1 (when it comes to Eurovision)

JW

• Busker
  • Mature, male songwriter, with publishing deal.
    • Songwriters And Producers
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 12:55:40 PM »
Having recently composed one of Engelbert's songs ( Can't Hold On To Love ) I'm overjoyed that he's doing Eurovision. There hasn't been a good song since Puppet On A String.
I hope Engelbert's appearance kicks the Eurovision back into the world of real music.
At the moment - it's just like X factor crap.  Karaoke, boy band singers.