new one

• 5 Replies

jim morrison

• Platinum Album
« on: February 26, 2012, 11:54:54 PM »
http://soundcloud.com/sunset-music-productions/the-hounds-of-666

Think i've learn't how to get the mix louder on this one, it's more of a electronic one
See what you think
Thanks
Matt
Learner guitarist

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 12:01:46 AM »
Hiya Matt,

Typing as I listen... Great intro, had me interested right from the start. Has a beautiful manic energy about it :)

Loving the spacey vocals panning all over the place and the distortion on parts but it is difficult to make out what you are saying. Love that effect though.

You certainly have got this one much louder haha! That mad rythmn is cool but for me it could drop back just a little when other stuff like guitar and vocals come in

Because it stays constant throughout the song ( which is neat ) it gets a bit much at that same level the whole way through... at least for me anyway.

This is a proper gritty song though mate and I'm loving the feel of it.

Good job  ;D
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 02:52:08 PM »
Love the rhythm, love the spare use of electric motifs.

For me, it is crying out for a bass hook! That will really fill out the spectrum and give the ear an extra focus point. And bring the bass drum up more, this is electronica! And perhaps mix it up a bit more sonically; a tambourine entering here, a staccato acoustic guitar stab there

I like the filtered effects on the vocals. Yes it lessens the vocal clarity of the lyrics, but ambiguity works in this style.

Nice work and enjoyable listening
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 09:39:54 AM »
I love this , you have great ideas and execute them brilliantly , the only other thing i would have liked to have heard on this is some gritty slide guitar here and there , but everyone has their own ideas about things , none are wrong or right just different opinions . i'm just listening to your other soundcloud stuff at the moment ( it's gonna take a while) haven't heard a bad one yet  ;) 
I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

cheff daniel

• Solo Gig
  • ...?
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 12:08:25 PM »
hey this is completely different from your other stuff. i like it, but as said it needs a great bassline and a smashing guitar.

gr.    Dan

Songsmith

• Solo Gig
  • If you can feel, you can write!!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 08:41:03 PM »
Hiya Matt,

this is great, love everything about it, I would agree on the need for a good strong bass line on it, it's got fantastic energy & rhythm, what more need I say!!!! well done  :) :) :) :) :)