konalavadome

What is your favorite aspect of songwriting?

• 21 Replies

QuietRamen

• Busker
  • Accordion. Yes. What?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 06:43:16 AM »
When it actually turns out good, and not dribble xD Also, singing it back to myself if I feel what I've written is what it's meant to be. The emotion that lies behind the words. Those are my favourites.
[insert amusing quote here]

Nekia

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 03:25:37 PM »
That moment when you're driving or doing something mundane, and you find yourself humming a tune or singing in your head - and you realize it's a song you wrote. It's such a great moment when you just think "Wow, that's good."

Alternatively, waking up next to empty bottles and finding scraps of paper with scribbled lyrics that you would never think of during sobriety.

Florida Mike

• Open Mic
    • Michael Holmes Singer Songwriter Official Site
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 04:57:50 AM »
I enjoy sharpening pencils, the whirring sound of the electric sharpener, or the slow scraping of a plastic manual sharpener on the innocent and unsuspecting pencil, usually an underachiever like a #2 pencil, who has never hit the pencil pinnacle...like me. But we both out of destiny move on and WRITE...

relativityEmA

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 09:25:28 PM »
My favorite part is when I'm able to take a single idea, and get the realization that I'll be working on the song for a few ideas, and that I'll be able to make a lot of progress, or even finish the song.

That's so exciting when you get to hit the play button after writing for 10 minute and hearing what your brain produced!
Learning Song Writing From a Book - Does It REALLY Work? >> http://www.writeyournexthitsong.com

UnknownLegend

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 07:10:54 PM »
Definitely that "eureka" moment when something comes out of nothing, it's like you are exsisting on a different plane  ::)

Sitting strumming the guitar/banging the keyboard and you tune into the songwriters ouija board  :o

This for me too

Love the buzz of a new idea

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 09:21:20 PM »
For me it's that moment when you hit those sweet chords for the first time....and your off in that 'groooove thang'.  Ahhh can't wait for it to happen again ;)
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

birdattack

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 12:18:53 AM »
The thing I like the best about it is I can write a song in 20 minutes and feel like I genuinely accomplished something that day, it always feels like every new song is another small but significant step on the road to becoming good lol
''can you play summer of 69'' - drunken mob at local pub gig after we'd played summer of 69 three times in a row