konalavadome

'Why Does Love Have To Be So Sad'

• 17 Replies

estreet

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 02:27:41 PM »
Had to restrain myself from cheering at the end! I liked that lol, I had a constant smile throughout the video. I bet your neighbors LOVE you :)

Singer is really good! As is the lead guitarist. I enjoyed how the 2 really worked together, leaving the drums and bass to lay down the path for you guys to walk down.

Only issue I had is... It's about love being sad, yet I was smiling...

Actually Dom, I'm glad you spotted that as it was kind of what we were trying to do. I'm often struck by the difference between British blues with it's wallowing-in-misery aspect and the music of people like BB King where I think there's more of an element of courage through adversity and 'keeping your chin up' through hard times by sharing your feelings. Sorry if that sounds like pretentious waffle about a very simple song but our intentions are good lol.
Youth & enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery.

Songsmith

• Solo Gig
  • If you can feel, you can write!!
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 07:09:08 PM »
Hey estreet,

great track this, great vocalist, & lovely guitars, had a really cool groove that you just can't get with overdubbing. Superb job, loving it!!!!

estreet

• Solo Gig
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 08:07:58 PM »
Here's another one just two of us did - won't post it in a seperate thread because you couldn't really call it a song. However, if you enjoyed that one you may possibly like this:

Youth & enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery.