konalavadome

Columbian Sleazebag

• 24 Replies

Pez

• Open Mic
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 09:07:49 PM »
yeah. great feel to this. conjours up images of spanish women with sultry looks and flowing red flamenco skirts and heavy slick dudes in italian suits. i like it. makes me a bit horny.

jim morrison

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 10:57:35 AM »
One of the best on here Songsmith, great track
Learner guitarist

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 07:34:04 PM »
Hi Songsmith

It's nice to hear such a melodic instrumental. This tune really stands up and would be well suited for a film or similar. Very evocative of a seedy latin bar. The brass makes me think this is what Tom Waits would sound like if he had been Mexican :) "I spent all my money in a Mexican whorehouse across the street from a Catholic church"

Great dynamics, and top-notch performances. I'm a sucker for classical/ flamenco guitars, and it's lovely to hear one on the forum. I can't criticise your composition at all. Melody, harmony, arrangement, delivery, all fantastic. Absolute quality mate :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Songsmith

• Solo Gig
  • If you can feel, you can write!!
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 11:04:27 PM »
Heartfelt thanks to Sellon, Kafla, Erimus, Spaceblimp, Pez, Jim & Tone for all your kind words. These mean a lot to me as you all write such different styles & to know that this tune works for all of you  is so encouraging to me. Thanks guys :) :) :) :) :)

Cameron Fielding

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 11:17:18 PM »
Great piece. Excellent combination of string and brass. Love the mood. I can imagine it fitting in really well as a soundtrack of an appropriate film.

Nice one.

estreet

• Solo Gig
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 11:40:53 AM »
Don't know how I missed this one - Brilliant. Love the brass. Great Mix. Nothing constructive to be said - no criticism needed.
Youth & enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery.

Songsmith

• Solo Gig
  • If you can feel, you can write!!
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 10:58:56 PM »
thanks estreet & Cameron, glad it hit the right notes for you, back to Sevilla ( more inspiration hopefully) for me in the morning for a week so I thought I would thank you before I shoved off.

nfelockhart

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 05:27:28 AM »
Holy crap! I love this.
There's nothing really here that I can say about this one. I feel the humidity, smell the alcohol, see the smoke. Beautiful.

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 02:08:25 PM »
Great tune. Great production and playing.

BLAST! I was working on a little Latin flavoured instrumental piece. I'll really need to up my game to compete with this.

Damn fine work.  :)
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 08:45:19 PM »
I don't dance - well not until now that is as smooth as silk - I think I could smell cigar smoke??? - love it
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying